Newly Diagnosed - TNBC - Mantis

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited November 2018
    @Wonk Yee ha! Love it! Thank you  :D:*<3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1166665270079659/  this is a facebook group for TNBC 
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    Love it @Wonk

Thanks so much @SoldierCrab. Have sent a request to join xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    My hair grew back on taxol...no colour but hair nobe the less so you might start having regrowth.
  • Mantis
    7 rounds of Taxol now done with only 5 to go. I’m traveling ok, the worst thing is the leg and pelvic aches and pains.  The little hair I had left is slowly disappearing and my eyebrows and eyelashes are thinning too.

I have my radiation planning appointment the week after I finish chemo then I’m booked in to have my port removed the week after that. Then it’s 20 fractions over just over four weeks and hopefully it’s done! I know the end of active treatment can be just as hard as treatment itself but it feels good to be able to see the end for now.

One thing that could change things is results from genetic testing which are due just before chemo finishes. I have a greater than 10% chance of a BRCA mutation so will just have to wait and see ....
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hoping like me it will be negative and no further surgery will be needed. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    It does seem that the road is long but you will get there.  It's a great feeling to be able to start ticking things off.  I'm not sure who said it first but I agreed that on AC-T you seem to count up for the AC and down for the taxol.  And as you say, port removed, rads...  End of treatment is wonderful but, as you say, it can also come with a bit of anxiety and depression.  But you can get through that, too, particularly if you're aware of it.

Fingers crossed for your genetic testing.
  • Mantis
    Thanks @primek, fingers crossed.

And thanks @Sister. So right about counting up and counting down!

I’ve been up and down so my Oncologist suggested I make an appointment with a Psychologist which I’ve done for the end of January.
  • kmakm
    Good move. I'm seeing mine next on the 3/1. She's trying to help and I like her approach.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Yahoo @Mantis.  Feels good huh?  Congratulations.
    xoxoxo
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Woohoo!
  • kmakm
    Bloody brilliant @Mantis! Well done! K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Congratulations Mantis  

Rads is a walk in the park now