Try this app

KarynJ
KarynJ Member Posts: 193
I've been using an app called "Insight" for about 2 years now.  It's free and available on iTunes and Google Play/android.

It's a meditation/relaxation app.  It has thousands of recordings covering a wide range of areas.  It has new ones added every day.  There are topics like sleep, stress, anxiety, relax, pain, mindfulness, motivation and spirituality.  There are music only recordings, nature sounds and chanting.  I have found the Yoga Nidra for sleep really helpful.  There are also podcast type discussions.

The recordings can be anywhere from 1 minute awareness of breath to 90 minutes of deep sleep meditation. 

Just a suggestion.  You may find it useful or at least something new to listen to as a distraction.

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you @KarynJ
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • Milly21
    Milly21 Member Posts: 122
    I’ve got it and it’s great 
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Thanks for that will check it out also.
  • KarynJ
    @kmakm @Sister @kitkatb you're welcome.

@Milly21 good to hear.  I like that if you aren't enjoying one of the meditations, it's easy to stop and go back and look for something different.
  • Sister
    @KarynJ I wasn't able to find it - is it just "Insight" or is there something else in the title?
  • KarynJ
    @Sister on my phone (samsung) i go to the google play store and when I search it comes up as Insight timer - free meditation app. Hope this helps.
  • Sister
    Thank you!
  • kmakm
    Yes, Insight Timer. I'll give it a go tonight.
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    I use this one and love it! My favourite thing about it, is that I can choose the duration of the meditation/mindfulness session.
    The full name is 'Insight Timer'

Have a lovely day everyone
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Wow great app. Will be using this a bit. Great thing is you can time it as well.  <3
  • KarynJ
    There are optional in-app purchases but you certainly don't need to do that.  There are plenty of freebies. There are also other language options so if you want to relax to a French voice whispering in your ear go right ahead  :)
  • kmakm
    @Flaneuse See above!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @KarynJ The French voice whispering in my ear - ah, memories!
    Thanks @kmakm
    I have an iPhone but I'll look for it.
  • KarynJ
    Just bumping this back onto the board for any new members.