On Our Walks

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited January 2019
    @Annie C Wish we were closer too. K  :*  <3
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Annie C I will make sure I look you up next time we are irresponsible and throw everything away to do the trip around this great place of ours. We kept on running out of money so ended up having to stop somewhere to work but that was okay, just meant we got to see a place for a bit longer. It took us two years and we missed seeing so much. Once around just wasn’t enough. My retirement plan (just another twelve years or so) is to go around Australia that many times I get dizzy. However I am sure we will get in a trip before then. I was actually hoping for this year, but then BC hit. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Looking forward to catching up in July @Annie C   ;) 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Ah you ladies are great.

@arpie
    Watch out Darwin! Imagine 2 "ladies" who have been through what we have, being let loose in Darwin. I might even stay up past 9pm!

@Blossom1961
    The next time you are being irresponsible and make it to the Kimberley I will look forward to meeting you and being a little out of character irresponsibly wise!

@kmakm
    Melbourne is a-calling. Who knows I just might make it back sometime in the next 2 years especially if there is a stage show I would like to experience.

It would be great to catch up with you, @tigerbeth, @Afraser, @Zoffiel and anyone else who would be around! 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I hope to be around @Annie C Around where will be the question :)

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    We all hope to be around!! Ages since I have been in Darwin and I have only been on the edges of the Kimberley, shame on me. May need to be later in the year as I have just bought my tickets for holidays in May - Venice, Amsterdam, Oslo and then some tootling around very old haunts in Scotland. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Annie C love to catch up again !
    love the stage shows too ! 
    Definitely catch up let us know when!❤️

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Annie C Count me in too! I live an hour from Melbourne and I love live shows, not to mention I want to meet all you lovely ladies. xxx
  • kmakm
    @Annie C Can't wait! I think we better get a private room at a restaurant and make a night of it! I'll come to the theatre with you if you want some company, love a show.

Btw, I got you some lengths of Indian fabric when I was there. Winging their way to you soon. K xox
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Hmm Ladies. I am going to have to work on a Melbourne trip. Will have to be 2020, finances you know. Oh and an inability to breathe. Bloody lungs, who needs them!

Oh Kate
    @kmakm
    I shall have to design a very special quilt. So very kind and thoughtful of you. 
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Annie C @Blossom1961 @kmakm
    Happy to organize a theatre/dinner night(weekend) whenever Annie is ready .
    Maybe we could organize a Melbourne gathering before that ,plenty of time on my hands !;)
  • kmakm
    Sounds like it could be a good project @tigerbeth! K xox
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Stop feeling sorry for myself because I can't run anymore and just walk as fast as I can!!
    New exercise regime includes 3 walks (plus 2x personal training and a pilates class) - 3x 6's ......... = 3 walks at 6 am of 6km - takes 60 minutes each = exercise 6 days a week. It's all about 6 for me it seems.
    6kg to go - you're gone!!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    edited January 2019
    I wish I had of taken my phone on the 6am walk this morning - let's see if words do it any justice:

Millpond on the Swan this morning.
    Rusty red boat bobbing in the early morning glow.
    Gulls gliding skilfully overhead.
    Black swan colony singing their melodic hoots, dutifully preening.
    Lone pelican fishing for it's morning feed.
    Cormorants hanging their wings out to dry.
    Silver lined clouds to the East hiding the rising morning sun.