Thinning of eyebrows after treatment

Shellshocked2018_
Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
edited January 2019 in Newly diagnosed
Hi everyone, I have come across a really good product that I have been using to fill in my eyebrows, which once I start Chemotherapy I will be using this product to put eyebrows on using one of the many stencils that they supply.
The product is called fab brows.
website is www.fabbrows.com
If you’re interested have a look, the product is smudge proof, waterproof, comes of with washing face or make up remover.
This will be my best friend once treatment starts.

Sending hugs to everyone 😘
Tagged:

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @Shellshocked2018_  I can't remember which chemo you were on but sounds like you are sorted.  :) I was on TC Chemo and found weirdly enough that my eyebrows stayed as with the lashes until after I finished treatment and then I ended up losing the outside half of the brows only.  I didn't lose all my lashes either a few hung in there although thinned out a lot. The brows came back really quickly.   Lost all the other hair quickly though.  hugs xo
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Shellshocked2018_ My eyebrows thinned considerably on TC, especially the outer halves, and chunks of the inner halves. Like @kitkatb this mostly happened after the last infusion. The inner parts grew back but the outer parts only a little. I now suspect that the damage is permanent. I use eyebrow mascara to assist.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Mine are also very scraggly..chemo finished more than two years ago. I just use my brown compressed powder eyeshadow with the small sponge used for the eyeshadow. I find it gives a somewhat softer, blurred filling in, whereas for me, an eyebrow pencil gives me a WTF look of surprise.
  • kmakm
    @AllyJay Have you tried the eyebrow mascara?
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @kmakm...nah...reckon if I did, I'd look like an extra for The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I only paint the barn when I go out, and by out, I mean "fancy" out. Woolies and Aldi don't qualify. Otherwise...whatchersee is whatcherget...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    The trick with the pencil is to go for Browns not black and to use the lightest feathery strokes to build it up.  Even then I had some interesting results when my eyebrows were AWOL
  • Mantis
    Mantis Member Posts: 61
    I kept my eyebrows on AC but they’re very sparse now on Taxol. Even though I learnt how to fill them in at the Look Good, Feel Better workshop I’m not usually a makeup wearer so feel less conspicuous without filling them in. Like @AllyJay I’m going with whatchersee is whatcherget 😊
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    One of the amusing side effects of chemo was using eye makeup I hadn't used in decades - eye liner, eyebrow pencil, shadow, even kohl. Anything to stop my eyes disappearing sans lashes, sans brows, sans everything. Got quite good at it but reverted to the quick flick of mascara when it all grew back. Use a bit more still for special occasions. But always brown, never black unless you want to look like a 50s B movie starlet! 
  • kmakm
    @AllyJay It's not at all harsh or severe. I use a medium brown. As the ladies above say, never black. It just gently lengthens what you have, which covers the gaps a bit more. Sometimes I press hard and it leaves some brown smudging underneath. I use a Maybelline one & it doesn't clump. You'd never pick I was wearing it.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I gave up trying to make mine look good. I have a wedding to go to in February so might get someone else to do it for me. I can do normal make up and have actually taught my sisters how to apply it but the no eyebrow or eyelash thing is another dimension.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    I have always had my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted professionally. Amazing difference.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Patti J There is nothing to tint! 😆
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    One of the women I used to work with used to have eyebrow tattooing. She looked like the baby with John Howard eyebrows. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Wunderbrow 2 is the bomb for chemobrows.  Not the gel one, the fibre fillers.  Use a little bit of pencil (some of the packs come with one depending on where you buy it) Lasts for ages and looks really natural.  Absolutley loved it.  

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had mine tattooed in a soft brown. Just as well as my very thin brows never all returned. I haven't gone for a hollywood brow...just a nice filled in look.