Three years ago today...

Nadi
Nadi Member Posts: 619
edited January 2019 in Health and wellbeing
I was admitted to hospital for nutropenia after my first chemo session. I remember being so sick on that Boxing Day. I spent 7 days in isolation with terrible side effects. During chemo I ended up being admitted for nutropenia a total of four times and was so sick after my third chemo session I didn't think I would make it through treatment. Three years on, here I am cancer free. Except for a new disease, I would be on top of the world.

Today is also 26 days since I had major surgery to treat Achalasia (unrelated to BC). I have a new stomach and am re learning how to eat with my new plumbing. Still on mostly liquids and pureed foods, but I get to have lots of cream with everything to stop further weight loss so there's an upside to everything.

Three years, two major diseases and I am still here doing fine. I made it through. For all those who are struggling, I hope that your struggles will pass as mine did. 

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Onya @nadi! prime example of how horrible it can all be and here you are sharing and improving day by day! 
    Best wishes for a happy healthy 2019  
    Take care

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Great news @Nadi hope you health continues to improve ! Have a great New Year xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Wel done, @Nadi  - I hope you'll be able to try firmer food soon .... just do it in small stages, in between the other food xx

You've had a hard trot - and are still upbeat!   Well done YOU!  xx

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you for letting us know how you're getting on. How was a liquidised Christmas dinner? Palatable I hope. K xox
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Hi @Nadi
    Happy New Year - I do hope that 2019 is off to a good start and you are improving as time goes on!

Best wishes and sending you a virtual hug
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Sending BIG hugs to you @Nadi   -   take care  xxxx

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @Nadi Thanks for sharing. You're an inspiration and may you continue to overcome your health issues.