Newbee

Janeymay
Janeymay Member Posts: 2
edited April 2012 in General discussion
Hi ladies. This is my first post. I hv read quite a few posts and it is very helpful to hear how others are going with the same diagnosis. I was diagnosed in Jan 12. Had a lumpectomy in Feb. 1 sentinel node (clear). Path report came back Triple neg - grade 3. So am having chemo then bilateral mastectomy & reconstruction. I hv started gene testing which will take 3-4 months. I had my 1st cycle of chemo last Friday - was ok until Tuesday!,! Next cycle 20 April. Any info etc greatly received.
Thanks - all a bit scary Jane x

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015

Hi Jayneymay,

welcome to the site none of us want to be in but we all need....Here u will find many  friendly & supportive ladies (and some gents) ready to help.

Im glad u have already benefited from reading some blogs and  maybe the fear u are feeling will start to abate..It is such an overwhelming time thru diagnosis and early treatment...Things will start to settle soon and you will feel a little more in control.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing you about and don't forget to celebrate every little milestone along the way (and share with us too)

Sam  :) 

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Hi Janeymay,  Welcome.  Keep a "look out" for a buddy who is on the same treatment as yourself.  It will be nice to compare notes.  I did this whilst on chemo and it was quite helpful and reassuring.  Best wishes XLeonie

• Susan Schuback
    Susan Schuback Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2015
    Hi janeymay, welcome to this helpful & mostly reassuring site! I too was diagnosed with tnbc June last, year have finished chemo last October with no rads as I opted for the bi-lateral mastectomy & diep flap reconstruction all @ the same time... It's all very scary to begin with... my thoughts were "like looking down the barrel of a loaded gun!" but I received a lot of good advice from the lovely ladies on this site. The best advice I can offer back to you @ the moment is listen to your body... Like if you want to cry then do so if your tired rest etc & if you want to vent some anger or ask a question then just type it out on this site & you will receive a lot of support! Good luck with your genetic tests btw mine only took 2 weeks to come back, & good luck through your next chemo! Brightest Blessings )0( Susan
  • Susan Schuback
    Susan Schuback Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2015
    Hi janeymay, welcome to this helpful & mostly reassuring site! I too was diagnosed with tnbc June last, year have finished chemo last October with no rads as I opted for the bi-lateral mastectomy & diep flap reconstruction all @ the same time... It's all very scary to begin with... my thoughts were "like looking down the barrel of a loaded gun!" but I received a lot of good advice from the lovely ladies on this site. The best advice I can offer back to you @ the moment is listen to your body... Like if you want to cry then do so if your tired rest etc & if you want to vent some anger or ask a question then just type it out on this site & you will receive a lot of support! Good luck with your genetic tests btw mine only took 2 weeks to come back, & good luck through your next chemo! Brightest Blessings )0( Susan
  • Janeymay
    Janeymay Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for your recent messages ladies. I am now in hospital as diagnosed febrile neutropenic after temp up & presented as hospital. Getting good care. Any tips on dos and donts after discharge?
    Thanks
    Jane x
  • tammyp26
    tammyp26 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015

Hi Jane I've also been recently diagnosed with triple negative bc, grade 3. I've already had two surgeries and will also undergo chemotherapy and radiation. I have first appointment with oncologist on Friday which is very daunting. I'm pretty overwhelmed but focusing on health and well being in the interim. Can't believe this is my 2012 but find this website a great source and very comforting. Best of luck and happy for you to private message if you like. Tammy

• tammyp26
    tammyp26 Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015

Hi Jane I've also been recently diagnosed with triple negative bc, grade 3. I've already had two surgeries and will also undergo chemotherapy and radiation. I have first appointment with oncologist on Friday which is very daunting. I'm pretty overwhelmed but focusing on health and well being in the interim. Can't believe this is my 2012 but find this website a great source and very comforting. Best of luck and happy for you to private message if you like. Tammy

• VanessaK
    VanessaK Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015

Hi Jane,

I was diagnosed with Triple negative Breast Cancer Sept 2011. I have had six months of Chemo. 1st AC then Taxol. AC was terrible I also ended up in hospital. Keep you fluids up. It seems like the end of the world when you are going through it, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have just started radiation which will go for 6 weeks. I will then have a little break then in for Bi-lateral Mastectomy with reconstruction. I also have the BRCA 1 gene so I will be having a full Hysterectomy in Oct. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I will not be having any more children as I'm only 38. But at the end of the day I have two great boy's who keep me going.

I hope you recover well, keep you chin up and remember there are many of on this website that you can talk too. Vanessa x

• penniwilton
    penniwilton Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

Hi Jane

I was diagnosed in October 2011. I am a brac1 gene carrier 38 years old and unfortunately it got me before I decided how to stop it from happening.  I have finished chemo in Jan and just been through a reconstruction and am really relieved. I must say I agree with vanessa it is alot to deal with but you know its nice to know there are other people out there.  Goodluck and remember we are all here for you Pennixx

• Belstarr
    Belstarr Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Hi I am bel a 32yo mum of 2 boys 21/2 and 7months I was diagnosed with tnbc nov 2012 I have had lumpectomy sentinel node biopsy with clear nodes, and re excision of margins which are now clear, I have had 4 rounds of ac and have 2 more out of 12 rounds of taxol to go so nearly fin yay :). I am recommended to have rad to follow but am still unsure to have it or go for bil mastectomy and recon I am not a gene carrier but still scarred of recurrence, has anyone got any thoughts on what I should do ??