Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Toe nail disaster

wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
It was new years day and I became quite concerned about my ( L )  big toenail. It had been damaged from years of chemo and was growing with a crack through the nail. On Christmas day ,I caught it under the fridge door and made it bleed. (NO I hadnt been getting too many  beers out of the fridge ) as my neighbor susgested so after a few choice words I cleaned it up.put on some  Betadine ,dressing and got on with Christmas. I noticed it was weeping and by New years day I knew I had to do something more about it. Even the dog wasn't happy with the smell. I rang the medical centre and as luck would have it they were open and my G P was on . He looked at me and shook his head , saying " why couldn't it be something simple like B.P. ! So down to the treatment room we went. I'll just wiggle it to see if its loose,and before I .could say any choice words the nail was off. He was putting on a dressing when the fire alarm went off so we all had to evacuate very quickly . So with one shoe in hand and a script for antibiotics in the other we left the building , with everyone else. No fire thank goodness.  Today I had chemo which I thought I'd get out of but my blood tests were good and I'm on antibiotics so I guess it will be a new years day to remember 

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @wendy_h67 I’ve just posted about splitting nails they are the pits. My misadventure not quite in your league though

hope the antibiotics work quickly and that the nail begins to grow back fast
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Oh Wendy! What a new year...