New year

Afraser
Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
Best wishes to all  for the new year - may the loads get lighter for those carrying them, may pain diminish. May the less hopeful have respite, and the sleepless rest. May those who travel alone not be lonely and those who travel with company find contentment. I fear that global peace, action on climate change and enlightened leadership will elude us in 2019 again, but let's wish for medical breakthroughs and new discoveries so that treatments improve and lives are not only saved but kept whole. 

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well said @Afraser  - all the best to everyone for 2019 .... may it be all that you hope for xxxx

Thanks for the love & the laughs during the year - it really does make a difference to your ability to get thru what is a really tough first year for most. xxxxx

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Thanks for the wishes, friends, and I return them wholeheartedly. @Afraser, I hope your fears about enlightened leadership in this new year turn out to be groundless. And of course we need leadership not just from one person, but from many throughout our communities as well as our governments and institutions. Let's hope the vision becomes brighter soon.
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Happy New Year
    I have found this forum to be supportive and helpful 
    My friends and family have been great but they do not know the trauma and pain I had to deal with, it is has been 18 months since I was diagnosed 
    to me it feels it is yesterday.
    On a positive note things will get better in the new year 
    Regards Stork
  • LIttleBlueWren
    LIttleBlueWren Member Posts: 88
    Happy New Year everyone.

Here's to a healthy, happy and fulfilling 2019 for each of us.
    Thank you for your kind and knowledgeable support throughout the past 12 months.
    hugs

• bakerr
    bakerr Member Posts: 23
    Yeah, off to Bateman's Bay tomorrow for 5 days at the Swiss Resort Health Spa. I have already booked my foot massage.
    Just meandering around the area, looking forward to a New year, and consigning last year to the archive.  Happy New year to a great bunch of people xx
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    edited January 2019
    same @kezmusc have to keep checking the (newly put up wall) calendar to see if it's Tuesday or Wednesday ;) Glad to see the back of 2017 and last year was meant to be my year of health and healing but it sort of didn't happen.....cheers to 2019.Happy New Year everyone!

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    I reckon it feels like Sunday.  Keep thinking I have to go to work tomorrow. Thankfully not:)