Im alone and dont want to burden others

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Yeah, supporting other people when you are being sucked into the mincer is tough. Emotions run high when the shit hits the fan--cancer pushes everyones buttons.

It's rare to have a friend who knows what (or what not) to do unless they have been in a similar situation. Even then, revisiting their own experience can make people a little bit crazy unless they are remarkably well adjusted. I don't know many well adjusted people--most who appear so are just pretending. If we are really lucky, we get a real one, the next best thing is a good actor.

Ms Kubler-Ross had a good handle on the grief process, I think. The second stage is anger and that is where we can be destructive because we are furious and even the tiniest irritation can bring on a full blown temper tantrum. Off with their heads. How bloody dare someone talk about us, ring too often, not often enough, make useless suggestions, not offer to help...This is tough, Meg. Hang in there. Mxx

• Megs04
    Megs04 Member Posts: 47
    This is really sucking. I rang cancer council at 3.00 still waiting for a call back. Im actually losing my mind. It wasnt in great shspe before this eirher. I feel like i just need to talk and off load. Who to is the question. Not them. Beyond blue? I don't know.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    If they still haven't contacted you @megs04, do try Beyond Blue.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

Beyond blue  - Call 1300 22 4636   

24 hours 7 days a week or you can chat online 3 pm – 12 am 7 days a week, 

• Megs04
    Megs04 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks 😊
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Support services are available but special events like Christmas makes access a little slower.
    Cancer Council do have an email facility .
    What region are you from? Google your area and you may find a support service
    Take care 
    There's great information on the BCNA website as well as us the forum

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited December 2018
    Here's a ljnk from the BCNA website that you should find beneficial 

https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/new-diagnosis/getting-through-the-first-few-weeks/

Take care @megs04
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited December 2018
    Hello lovely. I've attached the NSW mental health helpline numbers but it also includes all state numbers. Tbese Gov services don't close for Xmas. Please let us know how you are going. 

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/mentalhealth/Pages/contact-service.aspx

Even though not cancer specific they will help you through this crisis and how to help your daughter too. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Hi Megs. How are you doing right now? Any luck with the helplines.

I sometimes felt I was going mad with anger and grief at the start. Sobbing and talking it out with a counsellor is a good idea. Unfortunately we have to go through it to come out the other side. I promise you that you will get through it and you'll feel better than you do right now. One hour at a time, do what makes you feel good, and distract yourself. Biggest of hugs, K xox
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Hi Megs,
    I had a wonderful, relaxed Xmas morning with my family. Eight teenagers in the pool, a Santa Sack with lots of surprises and the conversation flowed. I thought of you and sent a wish that however your spent your day you were able to switch off just a bit and enjoy a few moments. Trust today has given you a few memories to cherish and enjoy, and ............. remember that all feelings are ok!
    xBeryl
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Hullo Megs I 've been thinking of you and hoping you are feeling a liitle better. It is a horrible scary place you are in right now but it will feel more manageable  hopefully soon. I know everyone on this site would do whatever we could to support you in whatever way we could. Hugs.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Good on you @Megs04   xx

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Being alone is not necessarily to be lonely. Best wishes for the much touted peaceful night. Mxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Sounds pretty nice @Megs04. Hope it was. Good move booking in to see the GP. Mine was, and still is, an absolute boon throughout this whole sorry saga. Great support. K xox