Hot summer early

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
edited December 2018 in General discussion
Yesterday and today Victoria has been on alert due to major bushfires at Scotsburn, Buninyong and Little River.  Recently Qld was copping it.  My hope is that none of you are involved and if so hope you and yours are safe and all is well.

It is early in the season 

Take care
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    South Aussie and Western Aussie copping it big time as well, @iserbrown - all about 40˚!!!   It should hit us soon too, I reckon, further up the East Coast!

Stay safe, everyone - and hope no-one is affected by the fires anywhere  :(  

Very windy here, which has cooled us down a bit ..... sea breezes!

take care everyone
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,353
    Amen to that @iserbrown and @arpie. I fear it may be a bad season. I was much too close to the Redesdale fire in 2009 and won't forget the unfightable wind. For those who may get affected, which in Victoria include some areas pretty close to Melbourne, have a plan, keep safe and remember, leaving early is still the wisest choice. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I was pretty worried yesterday and watching the CFS website.  However, nothing near us, thank goodness, although Kangaroo Island has been copping a beating.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @sister glad to hear you are okay where you are!  
    It is a worry - reports this morning say there were 3 ignition points for the Little River fire - goodness me!  
    We are on alert and as it heats up keep the ABC on the radio as they break in constantly with updates and of course the blessed Fire / emergency App that we have set at a 20km range from us
    Vigilance!  Our choice to live here and awareness is key for us!
    Hopefully the promised cool change and some showers will arrive today
    Saw Kangaroo Island on the news that was a worry for all concerned
    @fraser mentioned Redesdale fire in 2009, remember it well as that is over the range from here and Black Saturday as we sat here with no power, packed a bag just in case, watching the glow in the distance

Shudder Shudder!  Please stay safe all!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    We were impacted by the Sampson Flat fires 4 years ago.  A lot of devastation around here and way too close to home.  Never want to be that close again.