- At times we wonder how did we come to be here on this forum. It started out as a diagnosis of Breast Cancer but the simplicity of that statement is far from that.
- For some the treatment regime is pretty much textbook and goes according to plan.
- For some it's a rough ride through treatment, be it chemo and or radiation as well as surgery.
- Some of us we find ourselves in the category of taking "Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are a class of drugs used in the treatment of breast cancer in postmenopausal women and gynecomastia in men" (copy and paste from the net) and wondering what hit us
- Some end up with post mastectomy pain syndrome, scar tissue that sets the nerves off and the anxiety, side effects that we don't think we are going to get past and so it goes.................My eyes, hands, feet, sternum, ribs and everything in between seems to hurt as I count down the magical 10 years that has been suggested.Trade off for me the body has settled from the Tamoxifen induced problems, ovaries have shrunk, which excited the ultrasound guy and the Gynaecology Oncologist. Now that I am 6 months into Letrozole a whole new set of problems have emerged. Who'd a thought ovaries shrinking were a buzz!
So please when you read someone's post, think for a moment crumbs I am lucky that I am not going through that and offer support
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.