Keeps giving

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
edited December 2018 in General discussion
  • At times we wonder how did we come to be here on this forum.  It started out as a diagnosis of Breast Cancer but the simplicity of that statement is far from that. 
  • For some the treatment regime is pretty much textbook and goes according to plan.  
  • For some it's a rough ride through treatment, be it chemo and or radiation as well as surgery. 
  • Some of us we find ourselves in the category of taking "Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are a class of drugs used in the treatment of breast cancer in postmenopausal women and gynecomastia in men" (copy and paste from the net) and wondering what hit us
  • Some end up with post mastectomy pain syndrome, scar tissue that sets the nerves off and the anxiety, side effects that we don't think we are going to get past and so it goes.................

My eyes, hands, feet,  sternum, ribs and everything in between seems to hurt as I count down the magical 10 years that has been suggested.

Trade off for me the body has settled from the Tamoxifen induced problems, ovaries have shrunk, which excited the ultrasound guy and the Gynaecology Oncologist.  Now that I am 6 months into Letrozole a whole new set of problems have emerged.  Who'd a thought ovaries shrinking were a buzz!

So please when you read someone's post, think for a moment crumbs I am lucky that I am not going through that and offer support
Tagged:

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @iserbrown I am constantly amazed and saddened by what so many women on this forum go through. I often sit here with tears pouring down my face as my heart goes out to them. I don't often have the right words to say, but will offer what I can. I just want to hug all you wonderful lovely ladies. Thank you for being part of my life.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    Yep, this bitch of a disease just keeps on giving  :(  

@iserbrown  How long were you on Tamoxifen before swapping to Letrozole?   Great that the ovaries are shrinking!

I don't think any two of us have had the same set of symptoms & side effects ..... and those who don't get many (or any) are just SO lucky!  

take care  xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Tamoxifen for 2 and a half years with the Gynaecology Oncologist telling me I was high risk for Uterine cancer hence the buzz at ovaries that have shrunk. Had two surgeries with Gynaecology Oncologist during this time. 
    Now I have a new set of issues with Letrozole.

Until we're in it we had no idea of how it keeps giving