Anniversary

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited December 2018
    @Sister @arpie Today is my anniversary. Is it yours too @Anne65?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    kmakm from me with energy to be proud you have walked thus far. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Tick that fucking year off, @kmakm - it is now behind you!  .... Hopefully the next 12 months will be easier on you xxxx

• kmakm
    I like that one @arpie.

The last four years have been filled with cancer and deaths. I said to my husband this morning that I'd like 2019 to be a year with no major illnesses or deaths for our family. I honestly don't like our chances but maybe, just maybe.

Sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time yourself R. Sending you a big hug you crazy uke lady. K xox
  • kmakm
    Thank you @SoldierCrab. I appreciate the energy! It's certainly a weird day.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    My anniversary is tomorrow.  I was driving the kids to school and my eldest daughter (13) said that it was today.  We worked out that it was because it was a Tuesday last year.  I had forgotten that it was on her high school transition day.  I remember being there for the day, but not leaving work early and my MIL having to pick her up from school.  What a bloody awful day it must have been for her.
  • arpie
    That is fantastic news @Anne65!!  AWESOME!  I am so happy for you xxx

And how wonderful that you were able to help the lady going in for the brain scam.  She will remember that forever xx

Thank you for ‘being there’ for us (and with us) during the year ... it has been a rocky road .... as you say, worse for some than others ... but everyone is there to help support and offer advice to those in need.

All the best for a terrific Xmas and 2019!!  Xx
  • kmakm
    Well done on all fronts @Anne65. You are such a thoughtful and compassionate woman. Respect.

How fab to have no BC appointments for a whole year! Woot woot!! K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    So very, very pleased to hear it.  Maybe we'll get invited to the St Andrews lunch again!
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @arpie Thanks for your kind words. i will always be here for all of you as I know you will be for me. That's what is great about this website. Sometimes it's the little things that touch us & by helping someone else, like I did for the brain scan lady, it makes us feel better about things to know that we can make a difference. As they say "it is better to give than receive".
    @kmakm Thanks so much. You are too kind! I think you are one of the most giving, selfless people I know so please remember that when you are feeling a little sad. What support you have given to us & your family is nothing short of amazing considering what you have personally gone through. You should take pride in the help you have given to so many & hopefully that will bring a smile to your face on the days when you are feeling down. Respect right back at ya!
    @Sister I am already looking forward to next years luncheon & we better be on the invite list & we'll make sure we can get a seat together! 
     love & hugs to you all xxxx
  • kmakm
    That's very kind @Anne65, thank you.
  • arpie
    Back at ya, @Sister  xxxx