Anniversary

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Beryl C. @AllyJay Yes, it is a mourning. The old me is gone and I'm still looking over my shoulder at the wreckage, instead of forward at a new life. The thing is, I don't want to look forward at the new life because the old one was better. @SoldierCrab tells me that one day it will 'click' and I'll be good again. I know life is full of disappointments, and I've had my share, but this one, on the back of all the others, has me on the canvas unable to get up. I'll keep plodding, even when it's hard to see the point.

I love your ritual Beryl. There's something about a candle isn't there. I'm not religious but I appreciate the ceremony and spirituality of lighting a candle.

And that's a wonderful take on India! Have you been?

Ally, that's a marvellous piece on grief. I'll be reading it again and again. Thank you for posting it.

K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    There with you @kmakm.  Beautiful piece.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    WOW!  Some very moving bits - it WILL get better, Kate .... I reckon once you've done your India trip, you'll have a whole new perspective again .... and you'll have a break from the AIs ... so hopefully a feeling of 'normal' again xx
  • kmakm
    Thanks @arpie.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @AllyJay Beautiful. Thank you
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @arpie Such great news!! A reason to celebrate & bring out the uke!!!! You can now say goodbye to the first year & look forward. xx
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Sister Thinking of you & wishing you all my love, hugs & support for tomorrow as you go in for your anniversary scan. I know you are feeling all sorts of panic, dread & emotions of your past year & also memories of your sister. She will be with you tomorrow as we all will, giving you the courage & strength you need. Try to remain positive as hard as it may be. You have shown such resilience the past year so I know you will get through. I hope you are taking someone with you & make sure you plan for a treat afterwards so you have something to look forward to. Go out for lunch, coffee or a pamper massage!! Please let us know how you get on. Love & hugs xxxx 
  • kmakm
    A treat afterwards is an excellent idea @Sister. Are you taking anyone with you or going on your own? Biggest of bear hugs sista. K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thanks, guys.  Going on my own for the mammo and have to be back at work straight after - not sure yet about the surgeon's appt on Tuesday arvo.  Strangely enough I feel very calm at the moment but suspect it'll be meds for sleep tonight.  I'm not feeling particularly positive, just fatalistic.
  • arpie
    All the best @Sister  - I will be thinking of you big time  on Mon & Tues .... with fingers & toes crossed for good results xxx

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Everything is  crossed for you @Sister.  Positive is difficult when its mixed with a big dose of scanxiety.  Sending you good scan vibes lovely.
    xxxx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Sister good luck tomorrow  ,fingers crossed for you too !
    Wish it was my turn for a scan but have to wait until March! just want to know what's happening in there !! 
    Trying to book a holiday for May & finding myself say 'what if ?' the scan in March is crap ! 
    Not sure how to move on !! 
  • arpie
    Woohoo!! That's terrific, @Sister  -  those few tense moments would spook me as well - but, Yay, all good!  So glad your surgeon was happy with everything.   I guess waiting a bit for the reconstruction will ensure everything has healed really well, too - and a longer break between anaesthetics too! xx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Hooray! Good news indeed.