Alcohol

Options

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Thankyou .I do not mock others as it is both rude and playing the person which I believe is appalling.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Oh @Romla i know seriously dont stress about it.hugs x 
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Drink or don't drink - cancer is in the lap of the Gods.
    Enjoy it ?  Drink it.
    Go without and still have regrets.
    What the ??????
    One day ''they say'' we can do one thing then later, after we have followed ''their'' advice, we still get sick.  Who knows ?
    As I say:
    Drink or don't drink - cancer is in the lap of the Gods.
    Enjoy it ?  Drink it.
    Anne
  • Suwal
    Suwal Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Great article  thank you.  Such a choice.   I have stopped regular drinking only having one glass of champagne a week! I start Femara on Monday so will be stay on the weekly glass! Thank you everyone for the information 
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Not sure that any alcohol would be good for my liver mets. 😐
  • Patti J
    Options
    Today, my husband bought me some ALTD spirits Green Grocer Citrus pepper pine. It is 100% alcohol free, sugar free, gluten free, vegan friendly and has 2kj of energy per 100ml. You use it like gin. It raises money for the Jimmy Little foundation. It is 100% grown and made in Australia.
    It is delicious with low calorie tonic water and lemon or shaken (not stirred) as a cocktail.
    😊 A Christmas alcohol substitute.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sounds interesting.  Are any of the chains distributing it do you know?
  • Patti J
    Options
    I am not sure @Sister. It is produced in limited batches. You would probably need to source it from a small shop. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Dan Murphy stocks a variation on a theme - Seedlip, wood, spice and citrus flavour. Like gin, when mixed with tonic it tastes like tonic! But I'm working on the right ratio.
  • Patti J
    Options
    @Afraser. I was fortunate to be able to taste the ALTD spirit in store. A ratio of 1:1.5 (tonic water) seemed to give a good taste.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sounds like a good experiment!  I'll check out the local Dan Murphy's (funnily enough there's one up the road from work).  Are you game with me @kmakm?  Or are you a purist?

I have had very little alcohol since diagnosis and now that party season is here (oh, so many wild parties - my social life is such a blur...hang on, that actually because I'm trying to keep my eyes open at 9pm), I know that I will want to have a drink but would prefer to keep the alcohol content down.  They're not up there with the world's best wines, but perfectly drinkable so I don't mind the Lindeman's Early Harvest range.  Does anyone else have low/no alcohol suggestions?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I tend to drink Edenvale, not because it's particularly good but it's easy to find. With warmer weather, non-alcoholic beer is also an option. I don't drink beer much but on hot days it's enjoyable. I find it strange that you can get non-alcoholic beer at almost any bar or restaurant in Europe, but not in one of the career beer-drinking countries of the world! 
  • Patti J
    Options
    I suppose it is like trying to get a decent cup of tea when you are out. There are so many options with coffee. People even do courses on how to make the "perfect" cup.
    Yet, tea drinkers are offered one or two varieties of tasteless black teabags. Even when the tea is loose leaf, not many people know how to make a good cup of, preferably, green tea.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I'm totally up for it @Sister! I screenshotted this a while ago, but I'm yet to track it down. It's the one I wanted to try first.