Morry

Options
morry
morry Member Posts: 22
edited March 2012 in General discussion

Hi Ladies

I have just been to my Oncologist and next month he would like me to consider going onto XGEVA(denosumab).

For the last year I have been having Zometa and been coping rather well. He feels there has been great success with this drug.

I would love to hear from someone who is taking Xgeva.

I sometimes work on the theory if it is not broken why change.In saying that I would hate to be making the wrong decision that may in fact prolong my life. It is always uplifting to especially hear from someone who has tried it.

Thank-you

Comments

• Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Morry

This is Kathy from BCNA's Policy Team. We included an article about Xgeva in the last edition of The Inside Story, our free magazine for women with secondary breast cancer. If you missed it, you can find it on our website.

All the best with your decision making

Kathy

• Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Morry

This is Kathy from BCNA's Policy Team. We included an article about Xgeva in the last edition of The Inside Story, our free magazine for women with secondary breast cancer. If you missed it, you can find it on our website.

All the best with your decision making

Kathy

• golf for life
    golf for life Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have now been on Xgeva for around 5 months and pleased to say absolutely no side effects. I am lucky to attend the Cancer Therapy Centre at a Sydney hospital and walk in walk out with help of great nurses. I am happier with this as it is monthly and not taking a tablet every day.

I now have three injections each month as I am trying out Faslodex (x2) injections which I have to pay $770 per month!

I have been told by a Cancer Professor in Germany that it is the best way to go!

Good luck all

Penny (golf for life)