Breast cancer myth

2»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    What a STUPID comment, @Annie C  - you really CAN'T cure stupid!  :(    

I've never taken any notice of the 'sugar thing' purely for that reason, Kate ..... even oil/fat breaks down to simple sugars eventually (tho it has roughly twice the number of calories/Kilojoules to 'regular' carbohydrates - which you just need to keep an eye on!)

My theory is:   Everything in moderation - nothing to excess - and that is both with exercise AND food.  Too much exercise & if you don't eat enough, your body WILL break itself down to get that required amount of 'energy'!  (That will never happen to me - I enjoy my food too much!  LOL) 

There is no point cutting anything specific out of your diet as we need a diverse diet to fuel our body - meat, carbs, fruit & veg.   The best thing is to eat more home cooked meals - stay away from heavily processed stuff (like convenience meals - whether packaged or frozen.)    Fresh is best.  (Tho I cheated on the weekend & bought a precooked lasagne for Keith over the weekend whilst I was away.)  ;) 

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Yep, I’m with you @melclarity
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    @melclarity making sense in your post. Good to see you back! 
    Take care x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502

Romla said:

I accept your point but want to comment that moderate exercise has been an enormous help to me dealing with side effects from hormone therapy and generally helping me deal emotionally on a daily basis with having had breast cancer and the fear of recurrence.I have never been keen on exercise in the past but I am now.I walk daily for an hour sometimes two and belong to a gentle stretch and balance class which I attend twice weekly.It has added a lot to my wellbeing.

I absolutely agree @Romla I think its fantastic for managing symptoms, side effects and emotionally...there are so many benefits...and encourage everyone to do something be it walking or riding a bike. I walk 10,000 steps a day and ride an exercise bike, I love being active, I always have been, unfortunately it never prevented me getting it the first time or the 2nd pfft or many, many people I know. 

That's my bit haha!!! off to ride my bike ;)