Lee😺

Leilani
Leilani Member Posts: 42 ✭
edited November 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hello everyone I have a question it might sound silly but I was just wondering how long it took to loss ur hair I know it sounds silly
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960 ✭
    I had cold caps for the first two AC treatments but it started to fall out in a strip across my head from ear to ear so I gave up and then had it clipped to a No 2.  From memory, it was about two weeks into the third AC that it mostly fell out but I never became completely bald - I had some small tufts of hair, here and there. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362 ✭
    Mine fell out on the AC treatment on days 20-22 then I only had a very sparse covering on the sides behind my ears.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,353 ✭
    Two weeks and one day after my first A/C treatment (no cold cap). The scalp may feel itchy, tender or otherwise odd beforehand, that's quite normal. Lots of people have their hair cut very short or shaved beforehand, which makes the loss a bit easier to handle (falling lumps of longer hair is messy and can be distressing). I was almost relieved when mine went as it felt so peculiar in the week or so before! Not a silly question at all, we all have thought about it and tried to prepare for it. Best wishes.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974 ✭
    I had TC chemotherapy and hair down below started falling out on Day 13, and head hair on Day 14.

No worry is silly! Big hug, K xox
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362 ✭
    @kmakm 😋 I forgot about the hair below. I don't know when I lost that. One day I just noticed it wasn't there and it made me laugh
  • Trussy
    Trussy Member Posts: 16 ✭
    About 20days post AC treatment. I tried the cold cap but it was frustrating not being able to wash my hair more than weekly and when i started to shed more than the cat i decided to shave.
  • Leilani
    Thank u everyone one my hair was long and I got my daughter to cut it to my shoulders and when she did I cried as I have never had a hair cut and she cried when she cut it. I start my chemo on Monday and not looking forward to it. Xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974 ✭
    @Leilani It sounds like you have a lot in common with @AllyJay and her hair story. Hang in there. K xox
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392 ✭
    edited November 2018
    My hair started falling out day 17 after AC and I had it clipped off rather than have it shedding everywhere. Oh and my scalp hurt, and my hair hurt to move (like it was tied back too tight) a day or so before falling out.
  • Leilani
    I cut my hair short I'm thinking about shaving it after my first treatment on monday
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377 ✭
    My scalp hurt so much when it started falling out, I clipped all my hair off & had instant reliefÂ