Grow your own boobs!

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited November 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Did anyone see the article in the paper yesterday (Adelaide Advertiser but I'm assuming it appeared everywhere as things do these days) about growing your own boobs?  I didn't get a chance to read it properly but will clip it when I go to work today.  I think it was something about putting a framework in and then encouraging certain cells to grow - sounds a bit scary but interesting at the same time.  Again, I only glanced at it, but I believe they are talking about a 4 year timeframe for it to be available and it's aimed at women who have had mastectomies.  If someone doesn't get to it first, I will try to post a copy of the article tonight.
Tagged:

Comments

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,574
    Options
    WOW!   I guess it was always going to be on the cards!!!  They are growing other bits, skin etc - so why not boob tissue?
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    Options
    I dont know the physiology or biology (whatever the right term is) of the tissue but if my body regrew breast cells/tissue I'd be very worried it would do the same thing as my original breast tissue/cells and grow cancer. I don't trust my body any more so I don't think I could do that. Early days though. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @j9k That was my first thought too.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I wonder about that as well but, trying to read between the lines, I don't think it actually has the structure of the original breast tissue (lobules and ducts).