Beautiful Flowers

kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
edited October 2018 in Day to day
I had breakfast with the lovely @tigerbeth yesterday. Look what she bought me from her garden:

Tagged:

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Oh, they're stunning. Do they smell good, too?
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @tigerbeth
    I am envious of your ability to grow roses.

When I lived in Perth I could grow roses and I loved them. Big beautiful fragrant ones. I did however hanker  for tropical plants. 

Now that I live in a tropical area and have the tropical garden I wanted, what do I hanker  for - yes roses!!!!

• Annie C
    @kmakm
    I love the vase. Better than my coffee jar. 
  • kmakm
    @lrb_03 Their perfume is superb. I slept with them on my bedside table last night. Exquisite fragrance.
  • kmakm
    Thank you @Annie C. It's actually a pouring jug (beaker shape) that I got quite recently for not much money! Don't ask me where though... I've can't for the life of me recall.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @kmakm ,  what beautiful flowers.  You can just about smell them looking at the pic.  The fragrance would have been lovely on the bedside table.  When I got home from hospital a week and a half ago my neighbour had put a vase of frangipani flowers in my kitchen as soon as I opened the door wow the perfume. 

• kmakm
    @kitkatb What a lovely neighbour you have!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh that reminds me of my mother in law.  If the weather was warming up she would be outside picking roses before she even had breakfast and they always looked beautiful and some were perfumed as well as!  What joy flowers bring!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Due to the thunderstorms on Friday morning, I have a carpet of rose petals to walk through (climber grown from a cutting of the one my Dad planted about 65 years ago).
  • kmakm
    @Sister Bugger!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Not such a problem - as you can see it still has a lot of flowers on it.  No thanks either to our alpaca who likes to escape from his paddock and bite the roses off as he's cruising past.
  • kmakm
    @Sister Sometimes possums snack on my budding roses bur alpacas... Who knew?! The dangers of living in the country!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I didn't know possums were keen on rose sprouts till recently. I have a very old (as in aged, not type) rose near a fence and noticed a couple of weeks ago that it had been massacred. Some netting and it's recovering but I will need to watch it in the future. 
  • Annie C
    @kmakm  @Sister
    I think I could live with an alpaca pruning various shrubs. What pisses me off is the bower bird. 

The little bugger rearranges screws, rivets, nails and even tools in the shed. His bower is decorated well with our stuff.

Gorges himself on mulberries. We have put a stop to his mulberry thieving by netting the trees. Now he marches up and down outside the netting muttering all sorts of dire consequences!