Triple negative breast cancer

This discussion was created from comments split from: Confussed and scared.

Comments

• Gal
    Gal Member Posts: 27
    Just wondering if there are any other ladies on here with Triple Negative breast cancer. What treatment they had and how they coped. Cheers xx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited September 2018
    Hello @GaI I have just split this discussion for you.  I hope all is going well.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    @mum2jj, @SoldierCrab, can you help out here? 2 names that come to mind, there are many more. 
    Take care
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there @Gal I had triple neg bc may 2016 grade 3 stage 2a (3cm tumor) aged 43 left boob no lymph nodes involved and all scans clear. I had a mastectomy to the left side so I only had to have chemo an not radiation as well. I had 8 rounds of chemo 4 AC and 4 paclitaxol 2 weeks apart (shitty but doable). Then 6 months later I took the other boob off as a preventative measure as my guts told me too. Happy to chat anytime. You can PM me if you like too  @kellee @SoldierCrab @Spiv1803 and there’s a few others just cant remember them all now. The others I mentioned will tag some more for you. Big hug. Margie xx 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Hi I have had it twice. First time lumpectomy/chemo (FEC) as I had allergic reaction to taxotere first attempt) then rads. That was 9 years ago. 2nd time was 6 maths after all treatment. Went on to have mastectomy followed by more chemo. Managed the taxotere this time, think it was TC, or TA.... can’t quite remember as the good news is it was 7 1/2 years ago. Don’t mean to scare you telling you about the recurrence,just letting you know I had it and got through it too. 
    Huge hugs. 
    Paula xx
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Hi @Gal I  had triple negative breast cancer as well. I  did dose dense AC  for  4 treatments  then 12 weeks paclitaxel with 3 carboplatin  added as well . It was tough but it shrunk the lump  I then had wide local excision and auxiliary clearence followed by 6 weeks of rads.  I am trying to keep positive about it all and I am now trying to get on with life  . Take care xx
  • Clouise
    Clouise Member Posts: 25
    Hi @Gal I was diagnosed with TNBC last October at 41. Had 4 x AC chemo, 4 x Docetaxol followed be wide local excision & axillary clearance.  My lump was still 2 cm when I had surgery and lymph nodes were suspicious (but no sign of active cancer).  It was recommended i have 6 weeks Radiotherapy then 8 cycles of oral chemo Capecitabine. The additional chemo was based on a recent trial which showed reduced chance of recurrence in women who had residual cancer after initial chemo.

I had my 12 month mammo last week and no sign of cancer 😀 This has given me a boost to finish the oral chemo and look forward to getting on with life.  I was so upset at the prospect of chemo but it was manageable and I was mostly able to work through.  Minimal side effects with AC but Docetaxol floored me for a week after, sadly I was allergic to Paclitaxel which is meant to be easier to deal with.  

Be guided by your treatment team and my biggest advice beware of google when it comes to TNBC, lots of out of date info... 

take care & good luck with treatment x
  • Gal
    Thanks for all the feed back ladies much appreciated.
  • Gal
    Thank you TripleNegMama for all your informative ideas, I will be asking for sure. I feel better going in knowing something about treatments then going in blind. I was wondering do they treat you different because of your age. I have heard some people say if you are young you get everything to help. Not sure if I am making sense here. Take care Hugs Stephanie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 79
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gal
    At long last I have found out what treatment I will be having. I have an irregular heart beat so they are going to give 6 cycles of TC (Docetaxel   Cyclophosphamide). Then I get radium, find out on Tuesday about radium treatment. They were going to give me AC but decided TC was best for heart issue. Has anyone else had a similar chemo treatment. I start Chemo on Tuesday, feeling very nervous. I am also going for bone scan and a ct scan. xxoo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    It's natural to feel nervous, you will feel a great deal more certain about how to plan for chemo after your first round. I got an arrhthmia after A/C - A/C may have contributed - so good to know about your heart before you start! I had Taxol and Herceptin after A/C, my general heart health is fine six years later, still have the arrythmia but no unpleasant side effects. Best wishes. 
  • Gal
    Hi @Afraser as far as I know I am only having the 6cycles no tablets after as I am HER2 negative. I guess they know what is best.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited October 2018
    Hi @Gal. Good to finally have a plan. I had TC early this year. Check out this thread. Lots of information you might find helpful. @Kiwi Angel had it this year too and we're both around the forum a bit so if you've got any particular questions, don't hesitate to ask.

It's not much fun (as if lol!) but it's doable. You'll get there. K xox

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/18193/tc-chemotherapy/p1