On Our Walks

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @arpie
    Your phalenopsis orchid is beautiful and in good condition. The leaves are a giveaway. Ian is most envious as he has not this one. Most of ours are yellow, white or purple. We have not been able to acquire the spotted multi coloured phalenopsis orchids. 

I would love to see the franjipanie photo that is the colour of the "post comment" box.

We have the common white, Darwin Red, yellow and the multi coloured tropical franjipanies. I am trying my hand at grafting a white and yellow. So far I've not had much success. But I will keep trying. Eventually 1 must succeed.

Desert roses are another favourite plant. I love how the base of a desert rose becomes bulbous when the plant is confined to a pot. Desert roses do well when they are pot bound.

@tigerbeth I wish wisteria  would grow up here. It looks just great tumbling over the timber fence.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I can feel the serenity from here.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm do not want to head back to Sydney. I was just settled in on the balcony with my Netflix 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sounds different to my experience of the region @Kiwi Angel.  Back-breaking grape picking at minimum wage and hailstones the size of softballs and almost knee deep.  But I was young and fit and had a ball!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Sister I remember doing strawberry and apple picking when I was young back in New Zealand - tough work!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    And never do selective apricot picking!...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I can imagine you don't @Kiwi Angel!
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Gorgeous photos!  

@Sister scabby potato paddocks hardest work I’ve ever done! And I’ve roused is shearing sheds, milked cows, cut thistles by hand and carted hay in the height of summer 14 hours a day and still would never ever volunteer to pick a scabby paddock ever again
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @Annie C thank you. Another awesome story, keep them coming. Your offer sounds amazing!! 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    @Doodoo...do more photography. You have a good eye for composition. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    @tigerbeth. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are going. xx Your wisteria photos are gorgeous.

@Annie C love the bush mechanic story.