Paranoid or Not.

Janny54
Janny54 Member Posts: 89
edited October 2018 in General discussion

Hi Everyone,

Just feel like a bit of a vent today. For the last couple of weeks have had sore shoulders. Thought I'd just over stretched. But pain killers weren't working. So off to the Dr I went. She suggested Physio which I had twice. Trouble is laying on my front for an hour did nothing for my Mastectomy site it feels like it's bruised now.

Anyway long story short  after 2 weeks it is just as bad so went back to the Dr this morning. She still feels it is Muscular but as it really hurts when I take a deep breath or cough she has decided to send me for a CT scan. Which to be honest is what I wanted. 

But now I am home and appointment made for Monday I am thinking that I am being Paranoid.

Hope you are doing OK

Jan xxxx

Comments

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    No, you are not paranoid at all.  Good on you for keeping on looking for the answers.  If it turns out to be a slow-healing muscular thing perhaps you can consider acupuncture ?  Good lesson in being sure to tell medicos as soon as something is upsetting another part of the body, don't wait and bear the discomfort.  Good luck for the scan, let us know how you get on.  Anne
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Keep your appointment! I went to my breast surgeon when I got home from holiday with a persistent shoulder problem. Yes it was muscular, but as he and @iserbrown said, no sensible medico thinks that worrying in silence is a good idea. Anyone who
    has had a bc diagnosis has been through the "I am sure it's nothing but..." scenario. Checking is not paranoid, it's sensible. Best wishes. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    We all worry when we gave persistant pain. I had bilateral bursitis but really could not stop worrying until it was scanned. I still have pain but at least it doesn't do my head in with worry now I know what it is. 
  • Janny54
    Thanks Ladies. 
    I am just fed up with feeling uncomfortable unless I am laying down. Or drugged up on Panadole.

Monday will tell the tale. 
    Xxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Good luck on Monday @Janny54. I'm with the others, never suffer in silence. And we all know the wondering is the worst. Odds are it's nothing so go get your mind put at ease. K xox
  • Janny54
    Ladies is the CT scan the one that they inject you and you feel like you have peed. Have just had an Anxiety moment.  

Xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited October 2018
    Yes. But only very briefly. You'll be OK. K xox
  • Janny54
    Well had the scan saw the Dr. Apparently I have a fracture in my 5th Vertabre. Dunno how it happened. Haven't fallen over. So now to get a Bone Density scan next week to check for Osteoporosis. At least I know why the pain. Lungs, heart all good. Which is what I was soo scared about. Xxxx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Isn't it weird how you can be pleased about a fracture?? It 's just in comparison to what really scared you! Hope it eases up soon and the scan is reassuring too. I walked about with a fractured arm once for over a week - should have known given the bruise, and I did know I had had a fall, but that was in the days when I didn't check things! Best wishes.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Pleased to read you now know what was causing the discomfort.
    Best wishes
  • Janny54
    I know @Afraser. I think the Dr thought I was mad when I said Thank goodness for that.
    Thank you iserbrown. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal. 

Xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    WOW!   Just as well you had the CT scan, eh?   Good on you for sticking to your guns on this one.    The good thing is that you now have a 'recent comparison' for any future ones too!   ;) 

Hmmmm ... so technically - you should have had a back ache, not a shoulder pain??   Weird how things pan out!!

I hope you are not incapacitated by the fracture .... all the best for your ongoing treatment xx
  • Janny54
    Not so much incapacitaed @arpie just fed up with feeling uncomfortable. I can't stand for longer then say 10 mins. 
    Its been school holidays so have had our Grandchildren on and off. Fank gawd Hubby retired in June.  He has been a star. 
    Xxx