• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @kezmusc How much have you had?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Us, too.
  • Sister
    One for @arpie and @Brenda5 and any other fishing types!

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Not much at all. 3 out of my 4 dams are dry. We’ve probably only had about 20mm over the last month.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @tigerbeth

I loved your story of your dad's orchid collection. Like your dad we started with 1 orchid given to us from a friend who was leaving town after almost a lifetime. Our friend had an extensive orchid collection. We still have Jan's orchid and it flowers prolifically. And that started us about 5 years ago. 

The orchid house was an old garden shed frame acquired from a friend. Cost us "Kimberley Currency" (a carton!). The misting reticulation system was made from left over bits and pieces. The benches are made from disposable packing pallets with the steel frames made from pipe found at the rubbish tip on a tip run. Typical Kimberley recycling. 

• Annie C
    @tigerbeth
    Your garden is beautiful. You must put a lot of time into it. Thankyou for sharing the photos.

Who needs a walk when you have a garden full of flowers.

Annie
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    A bit too 'warm Kimberley" for me. Mxx
  • Sister
    @Annie C Hubby is impressed!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Annie C thank you
    , inherited my green thumb from my dad ! 
    Dont actually spend too much time in it but as I'm home now I will be able to give it some more attention! 
    Glad you know about car stuff , good on you !! 
    I know nothing ! Lol
    sounds a bit hot for me !! 
  • Annie C
    @Sister
    I had better confess. I only held the screw driver in place while "bush mechanic" husband cable tied it.

I was also only ignition key turner while said husband pumped / primed fuel filter. 

However it was my idea of the cable ties. I reckon they are the best thing ever invented! 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    edited October 2018
    WOW!  @Annie C - over 200 orchids - and @tigerbeth - 1500!!!   O  M  G!!!

I have 1!   ;)    My brother gave it to me after my BC Surgery - it is just coming out in flower now!  :)    He started by collecting our neighbour's 'cast offs' (he was a professional orchid grower, selling them to local Flower/Plant sellers & local markets ...) and he now has a dedicated glass house for them, plus HEAPS outside the Kitchen on the wooden table & window sill!  LOL  He is on his way to 200, easily, I reckon!!  Got a while to go before he gets to 15000 tho!  ;)  

Hubby is under strict destructions NOT TO WATER the plant ..... but he still does it at least once a week!  :(  I've filled the bowl with old coins so the orchid is sitting 'proud' & hopefully doesn't sit in the water that he puts in (and I check every day - even tho I've written it on the bowl!)  Oh the joys of dementia!  :( 

He also gave me a magnificent Frangipani that he 'bred' .... it is the same colour as the 'Post Comment' box! It is GORGEOUS!   I am trying to find a pic I took .... it is proving difficult!  :(