Who needs prayer?

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
BC has made me look at things a bit different. I have met so many amazing people on their own cancer journey it has made me reassess myself. I am praying for other people more now than what I ever have before. I have one lady in the same clinic as me receiving treatment and one lady on the BCNA forum who I have taken on as my main prayer focus as they are both going through a horrendous time. Both have had medical break throughs just in the last couple weeks. I believe God has answered my prayers and we are slowly but surely seeing results. Miracles aren't always instant, sometimes we need to be persistant. I am less stressed about my situation as my heart is too busy crying for theirs. Is there anybody on the forum or in your clinic that tugs at your heart strings? I am sure they wouldn't mind if you prayed for them. Even is they don't believe, they often appreciate knowing you care enough to spend time praying for them. 

Comments

• BarbieAnne
    BarbieAnne Member Posts: 174
    Hi @Blossom1961 thanks for being out there. I do have a request. Nearly 2 years into diagnosis and all has been well. Yesterday I was informed that my Liver Function Test was elevated. For repeat bloods in a fortnight and repeat Chest, Abdo and Pelvic CT in a month. Would love your prayers. I  would like to return the offer. Anything you need pray for? God bless 
  • Blossom1961
    Hi @BarbieAnne, consider it done until I hear positive results. I have happily (or should I be saying sadly) added you to my prayer list. My oncologist was amazed at how quickly my cancer had shrunk. After the third chemo treatment she couldn't work out which side had the cancer!  Four weeks of taxol still to go then I will be having my mastectomy and full anxilliary clearance sometime in November. Sometimes it is hard to keep positive even though we pray and believe. Just try to let it go and God can take care of it. Easy to say but harder to do I know. Sending prayers and hugs your way. Love Melody
    PS I love natural complimentary therapy. Afterall, God created nature so why shouldn't it have natural healing properties! My onco has told me I no longer require blood tests as I have such good liver function. I have been having apple cider vinegar every day. I am not saying it will work for you but sometimes we need to look outside our boxes.
  • Blossom1961
    Hi @BarbieAnne
    How are things going? What date is your next blood test and when will you have the results? 
    Prayers and virtual hugs
    Melody
  • BarbieAnne
    Hi @Blossom1961. Had blood test this week and have heard nothing and not in a panic. I know that I am in God's hands. Have been praying for you that you remain well . Hugs back.
  • Blossom1961
    Have you gotten the results? Prayers and hugs, Melody
  • Blossom1961
    Oops, @BarbieAnne the above question was for you.
  • BarbieAnne
    Hi @Blossom1961 CT Scans done this morning and off to see Oncologist tomorrow morning. Shall let you know outcome. Have had you in my prayers the past week.
  • BarbieAnne
    Hi @Blossom1961 hope you are well. Good news, although LFT slightly raised, not cancer related. CT scans show that all is stable. Remaining on current Letrozole and Xgeva - praise the Lord!
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Hi @Blossom1961, @BarbieAnne how are you both?  Thought I would share with you and anyone else on this link @SoldierCrab a really encourage part of the message I heard Sunday. Our church Youth Pastor has left to be with family overseas. His mum and grandmother have bc. He was preaching on courage hope and spoke from Nehemiah 2 and Daniel 3. Nehemiah and courage to ask the King to be released to go rebuild Jerusalem and also a few favours with it. His position with the King was really important and he worked up courage to ask and God blessed that. In Daniel it was Shadrach Meshach and Abednigo and how they wouldnt bow down to the King's statue despite threats of death and their response " “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve r us is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” An amazing statement and this is what we need to hold on to.. we are never ever alone in any circumstance and even if things dont change or get worse or what ever we can hold on in faith to the unchangeable loving God.  This he said is his mum's approach to her situation (Diagnosed 2nd time) So much hope in God we have.. Have a blessed week.  
  • Blossom1961
    Thank you @steplightly We Are off to a resort in Torquay for the weekend. My sister in law gave us her time share points. She wanted to bless us before my mastectomy on 27th.
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    I hope you have a relaxing break @Blossom1961 and you can find some space to work through any concerns or fears you have about your surgery coming up.
    We are flying to Melbourne on the 29th for a birthday celebration.  I do hope and pray all goes well with your surgery. Hugs 
  • BarbieAnne
    Hi @steplightly thanks for those encouraging words. 
    I will keep you in my prays as you head towards that mastectomy @Blossom1961
  • Chantellep
    Chantellep Member Posts: 34
    Hi @blossom1961, @BarbieAnne, @steplightly
    ive come in late on this one, but my two cents worth--prayer is wonderful! It is so helpful for me to pray for others, as it is often the only practical thing I can do for them, and God promises to hear our prayers and to answer them as will be best for us. Who but God would I trust with that decision-making! And how wonderful it is to see how God acts. And then, knowing that others are praying for me, that they trust him enough to petition for my health and to ask him to act in my best interests, is a big encouragement for my own faith. So praying and being prayed for are good for us all, especially within God's family. So roll on the pray requests! :)
  • Blossom1961