Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Those are really cool @jena!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Not my creativity @Annie C but I saw this on Instagram today and thought of you. 'Birds of the Kimberley' vase.

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @kmakm
    The little finches are just like the ones that live in the ixoras and bouganvillia thickets in the back garden. They come down to bathe in the water bowls dotted around the garden. Flightly little beggars. I have started to digitize and edit the double bar finch for the planned quilt. 

This afternoon a coucal pheasant emptied the water fountain with his bathing habits. 

Hope the ankles are not hurting as much. I have a pilow in the bed to raise my feet a little. Seems to offer a bit of softness to the ankles. That or it is mind over matter.
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    That's incredible @jena!!! Have you got any experience with filigree patterning? I might have to commission you, if you do that sort of thing.
  • kmakm
    Options
    I might try the cushion thing @Annie C, thank you. K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Oh @Annie C that is beautiful 

• Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    You are very clever @Annie C  it is divine. A  very special gift.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    What a lovely thing to do @Annie C
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    That is absolutely GORGEOUS, @Annie C

How do you have the patience to do all that??  I love the colours & the design .... it will become a family heirloom for that young girl ...... she will pass it on to her daughter or daughter-in-law into the future!   

Such a thoughtful gift - and keeping the tradition alive altho the club folded ...... EXTRA SPECIAL!  

Well done YOU!  xxxx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Annie C what an amazing talent you have .
    im sure the recipient will treasure this lovely gift 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Annie C , the patterns on quilts can be mesmerising. This beautiful quilt certainly is.
  • kmakm
    Options
    So so pretty @Annie C! It will no doubt be treasured forever. Do you start another one immediately or do you have a break?
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @kmakm
    In the planning stage for another quilt. Ian's oldest grandson turns 21 in August 2019. However I find quilts for adult males difficult. I don't think they would appreciate flowers! So at this stage a quilt in reds, blacks and grey's with a simple patch design.

I will think on it for a few weeks. I am now making an heirloom smocked christening gown for the new born baby girl of a lovely young lady in town. I will post a photo when finished.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annie C Please do!

What about some of the more robust Australian native flowers for a male? They're not as 'pretty' and rather patriotic.