Essential movies to watch when forced to sit on your arse due to treatment.

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Oh and The West Wing
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    @Romla  you just reminded me I've got that movie saved. Will watch it tomorrow, again.    :)
  • Romla
    Think Shirley Valentine should be essential viewing for women who’ve been married a while. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Oh and the ABC series ROSEHAVEN - F*ck it's funny!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgopnscq7U

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I couldn't get into Marcella - I didn't like one single person in that show!  But Killing Eve was fantastic.  Sandra Oh has always been a favourite.  I'm watching Vera at the moment on DVD but as soon as that's finished, I'm going to watch Shirley Valentine as I had forgotten about it until now and it's been so long.
  • Romla
    The Up series by Michael Apted which followed the same group of people every 7 years from age 7 - they are now filming 63up.A remarkable documentary series chronicling my lifetime.Think someis on YouTube.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I can't remember now if I watched 56 Up, or not.  Or of I'm confused with missing the last one of the Australian longitudinal study that they have been filming.  I loved the series that Gillian Armstrong did - Not Fourteen Again - too.  I don't know if that's available anywhere but it struck a chord because the girls were only a few months older than me and from the same area.  If she'd chosen a different youth group, who knows...?
  • Romla
    Have a look at YouTube @sister most/ if not all of the UK up series is online.Just a sad point one of the girls from the East End has passed away - Lyn the librarian and Apted with crew filmed a bit of the funeral which will be in 63 up.You might find the Australian series there too - similar projects were filmed all around the world.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Actually, Youtube have a LOT of complete movies on them too - just go to Youtube & put the movie name in & you may find it there!!  

I managed to get a copy of El Cid - now THAT one will really test your memory banks ....... I bet no-one else remembers that one??

(Charlton Heston as the 'White Knight' up against the Muslim Hordes during the Crusades .....) and I have yet to watch it!  We may just watch it tonight!  :)    I was only a kid when I saw it but have fantastic memories of it - hope I am not disappointed!!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @Sister if you persist with Marcella and see series 2. You see the unlikeable characters in a very different and surprising light. Trust me. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    GoT is another one. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Kiwi Angel Game of Thrones is insanely addictive.
  • Romla
    The Australian drama series Mystery Road I enjoyed this year. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Each time I see this post come up the page I smile to myself and think I must be the odd one out!  Can't recall watching anything much at all.  I guess we are all different and I just love my own environment here

Take care and enjoy the binge watching whilst you can
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Well, there are at least 2 of us. I was lucky and didn't spend much time at home. Also I like watching movies on the BIG screen.