Essential movies to watch when forced to sit on your arse due to treatment.

onemargie
onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
hi everyone @kmakm @JJ70  Thought I’d start this discussion as recommended in the on our walks discussion as I’ve noticed there’s a few newbies about to start their treatment and what better excuse do you need to watch movies all day.!! Feel free to add the ones from your posts. 

Muriels wedding 
50 first dates 
the campaign 
blades of glory 
mumma mia
the breakfast club
love actually
dirty dancing 
we’re the millers
Get him to the Greek 
vacation 
anchorman 1 and 2
the boss
life of the party 
tammy
the castle 
Kath and Kim movie 
pretty woman 

Other series suggestions

the australian series Wentworth.(my favourite)  
The crown 
the good doctor 
Call the midwife 

thats all from me for now. Fuck Most of them I watched while I was crook!! No time these days 😊 

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Some series - cant' remember now if they were Netflix, Foxtel or iview:
    Shetland
    Hinterland
    Killing Eve

Steel Magnolias (if you're up for a cry)
    Beaches (another tearjerker)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited September 2018
    I've just binge watched 

Glow

to distract me from my extended anxiety attack. Netflix. Can heartily recommend. Get past the first two eps and it really takes off. Funny, well acted & some fab 80s nostalgia.

@onemargie Onya for starting the thread!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    The entire Lord of the rings trilogy. Hacking and chopping and bellowing and galloping about. And Viggo Mortensen.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I’m currently binge watching Riverdale in Netflix - based on the old Archie and Jughead comics if anyone remembers them but much darker. 

Also great is The Sinner, Narcos, Mindhunter and I’m going to start American Horror Story soon. 

Cant go past all the previously mentioned movies plus Top Gun and I am partial to some Sacha Baron Cohen movies. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I'm in a bit of a time warp .....   I LOVE The Castle!!  An absolute CLASSIC Aussie flip

Hands up who's NEVER SEEN  "Gone with the Wind''??   I've seen it about 10 times!  LOVE IT TO BITS!  Glorious costume drama set in the US Civil War - not as fast paced as modern movies .... but still brilliant 

Gone With the Wind
    Sister Act (on tonight on 7Flix)
    Ghost
    Lawrence of Arabia
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Shawshank Redemption

(some thrillers)
    The Godfather
    Silence of the Lambs

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thinking of watching Gone with the wind with my girls (when we've got a few spare hours).  My Mum took me to see it at the cinema when I was about 12.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    edited September 2018
    @arpie love the godfather movies!!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Bridget Jones + Wine + Tim Tams = awesome afternoon.

Love Shawshank Redemption.  One of my favs.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Outlander on Netflix 
    Luther on netflix
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Love Actually, Serendipity and Con Air (love John Cusack), The Untouchables, Star Wars (original trilogy - they went and stuffed it after that), Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Unfinished Sky, When Harry Met Sally, Bridges of Madison County, Muriel's Wedding, Inside Out, Wizard of Oz, Fargo, Silence of the Lambs, Dead Calm.

All time favourite: Four Weddings and A Funeral
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Not movies but........The whole 4 seasons of Grace and Frankie , hilarious. Happy (not at all!) Valley, Shetland,Broadchurch,
    Hinterland and Marcella.............all good British cops shows......yes I have a genre! 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I was glued to Killing Eve.........
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Killing Eve spurred me to do the iView thing. I watched the whole lot in a binge day. Sandra Oh was robbed at whatever the latest award thingie was.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Am watching Agatha Christie at the moment.   Also with @Zoffiel love the Lord of the Rings trilogy and loved Rabbit Proof Fence.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Shirley Valentine