Sleep

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
I have put this post in the Choosing Breast Reconstruction group a few days ago however, I notice that there's a lot of activity in the Night Howls group so perhaps it is worthwhile being here as food for thought as well as!

I was a stomach sleeper for a lot of years!  These days I try to sleep on my back but side sleep seems to suit better!  I had spinal surgery (neck) many years ago and was told that amongst other things my sleeping position didn't help the situation.

https://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20479110,00.html#fetal-position-sleepers-consider-this

so if you are trying to adjust please give consideration for what is better for you long term

Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,523
    I am a 'side sleeper' .......
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    I’m a side sleeper 👌
  • Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89

@iserbrown thank you for the post. This is so apt for me at the moment. I used to be a stomach sleeper until last year when I had my operation. Coming out of hospital I made myself sleep on my side for obvious reason it hurt to sleep on my front. Over the months I went back to stomach sleeping.

I have pain and aches in my shoulders and back the last week. Finally plucked up courage to go to the DR this week and she recommended a Physio. Which I am off to this morning. I am convinced its the way I am sleeping. I am not sure I could sleep on my back tho.

Hopefully Physio is all I need.

Thanks again

Jan xxxx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.