DIM

Options
Bevkk
Bevkk Member Posts: 26
Good morning ladies. This question may have been asked before. Does anyone who is ER+ HER2+ take DIM or any other supplements and have noticed a marked improvement in sleeping and general well-being. I have read conflicting evidence that supplements do work. I have an Onc appointment in a month and I will ask him but was just wondering if anyone  has had any success. 

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi Bevkk,  
    you might get some more answers in the Night howlers post.... that is where those struggling with sleep chat. 

@Sister
    @JJ70
    @kmakm
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Bevkk. I had to look up what DIM was...LOL. I take 10mg melatonin.......come on over to Night Howls. we talk a lot about sleep (and heaps of other interesting stuff) on that thread.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Bevkk what is DIM?
  • Bevkk
    Bevkk Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi ladies
    DIM stands for Diindolylmethane. It is found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli cauliflower etc. it is supposed to work on balancing the good and bad estrogen in your body to inhibit cancer from returning.  There has been a few studies done but really not enough to say that it is actually beneficial. I was just interested to know if anyone has taken it or other supplements that has made a difference to their wellbeing. Xxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Very interesting!!
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Bevkk
    I hadnt heard of DIM and have checked the 'About herbs' app from the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre site and found the following information which you may find helpful.
    https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/diindolylmethane
    Great to speak further with your medical oncologist,
    regards Giovanna
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    I try to eat at least one cruciferous veg everyday along with mushrooms , but unfortunately sleep still evades me :(