Newly Diagnosed

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @shann

Oops!
    Damn predictive text, fat fingers and a smart phone!

The doctor's name was supposed to come to you.

@arpie

Yes Fiona Wood has 6 kids. Don't know how she manages all that she does. I barely managed working with 2, six years apart!

My husband, Ian, in a past life was a medical photographer at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Fiona Wood would have Ian take photos of whatever project she was working on. Ian enjoyed working with her. 

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I didn't have ANY kids & look at me!!  LOL  I married one!   ;) 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Shann No, it wasn't me. I presume you mean Dr Fiona Wood. Amazing woman.

If this proves beneficial they'll be making the product synthetically. No need to BYO!!
  • shann
    shann Member Posts: 68
    Hi yes I am still here.  I would like to thank everyone on here for all the information and positive comments over my last year on here.  I was up and very down at times.  Just letting you all know that I have all scared but with no thanks to the local hospital but all to my gp's nurse for her wonderful treatment.  I am now in the throws of trying to be put on another doc's team at the hospital, I am sure I have the right to do this as I am not happy with mine.  We will see what happens.  Anyway without this network being I know I would have been very lost as I was not leaving the house and not know but falling into a deep depression which I have now pulled myself out of.  Back into the land of the living and enjoying as much as I can with a few things I can't do. Unable to reach my arms above my head as I have scared terribly since I was butchered so much but hey they are scars and they will now tie into the rest of the road map from my neck down to my hips ..... he he he.
    Anyway thanks everyone again 
    Lots of love and best wishes for a great 2019. xx
  • shann
    Hey all
    Just have a question for you, I was lying in bed last night and was just seeing how far I could stretch without the scar pulling. Well when doing this I found a lump in left side (not my cancer side) and was wondering if you think it would be scar tissue from all my surgeries last year.  Let me know what you think.
    Thanks xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm no expert and not really sure  where you mean but I think you should get it checked out regardless as otherwise you are going to be wondering and worrying.  As we all know, it's better to be sure.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Yep, any lumps, bumps, aches or pains - if in doubt, get checked out!  Most likely nothing, but good 'to be sure'
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hi Shann go get it checked out girl that way it will give you peace of mind. 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @shann Could be scar tissue, could be something else. Go get it checked for peace of mind. K xox
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited January 2019
    @shann so is it where you had any excisions? I only ask as through both of my diagnosis I have gathered loads of scar tissue. My first lot was at the lumpectomy site. So you said not your cancer side? so did you have surgery on the other side? where the lump is? as the ladies said if in doubt get it checked out. I just had my yearly tests and I had lumps and they said its all scar tissue even on my not cancer side as I had a breast lift to match my recon side, so scars and lots of them both sides. x
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @shann Get it checked lovely lady so that there is no reason to worry. You have gone through enough with those incompetents not being able to help, don’t let this cause you more worry.
  • shann
    Thank you all for replying.  Had GP feel it and yes off to ultrasound to check it all out.  He said it was smooth and round and was movable more than likely a cyst (with a name) but can't remember now.  Off back to the hospital in Feb to see a new surgeon so hopefully that will be good and I might get yearly test done but no one seems to want to send me on any not even when I ask the gp.  Strange.
    Once again thanks for listening. xx
  • shann
    Hello All
    Its been a while, as usual and I wish I was here with good news.  Following from Jan I had 2 ultrasounds 6 weeks apart and on Mon had what was just suppose to be fine needle biopsies on either side as the lump I felt had turned into 5.  The fine needle biopsy on left prooved to be just fluid.  On the right (original cancer side) he did the fine needle went and did some test gave me more local and did a core biopsy and we all know the reason why we have a core biopsy, right!
    Also (having a bad night) I lost my son in Feb and my daughters and parents are all fighting and I keep getting told its my fault cause I didn't do something or other.  Sorry just venting and just need a physical hug but have no body for that. but as usual my feeling have to be pushed aside and just deal with it all.  One day my family are going to put me in a loony bin cause I am going to have a major breakdown.  
    Thanks everyone for letting me vent.  Love to all ! xx

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

no wonderful advice just a cyber hug Shann <3