On Our Walks

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @tigerbeth and I just did a very pleasant 5km walk in the glorious Melbourne sunshine.

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm - look at all the daisies - haven't seen any like that since I was a kid in NZ
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    And a lovely walk it was too ! :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Beautiful!
  • kmakm
    @Annie C Oh I can feel the serenity from here!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @kmakm
    It is always peaceful at Munkyjarra. Only 20 kms from town and yet it feels like 100 kms  away from anywhere. The 4 of us took a picnic tea, a good bottle of whatever we fancied, good wine glasses and a snowy white table cloth.

There is something about a bun with cold meat and tomatoes smothered  in chilli chutney followed by billy tea around a camp fire. Ah bliss.

The bird life was plentiful and the sunset glorious. It was a good day to be alive.
  • kmakm
    @Annie C You're making my mouth water...
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Annie C looks so peaceful!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Looks wonderful.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Sounds & looks perfect @Annie:):)
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Ohh that looks familiar @Annie C. I'll have to ask my hubby about that spot. I think we accidentally pulled in there for a lunch spot. We saw water on our GPS and turned down a dirt track near Derby to find something very similar, if not this place. That was August last year. Had I have known you then I would have dropped in for a cuppa!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @JJ70
    If you had to open and close 2 gates on the track in, then it definitely was the place.

The track wounds through open grassland dotted with large  boab trees. 

The area is part of the Derby Landcare group's activities. 

If you are ever up this way, there is always the billy on and smoko ready for any one. Forum ladies  who are travelling through the Kimberley and Derby in particular are most welcome.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Looks like the place @Annie C, but alas I don't think it is ACTUALLY the same spot. There was no opening and closing of gates and my hubby reckons we were in NT at that lunch spot. So many nice places we stopped at over the 3 months. x