• shann
    shann Member Posts: 68
    Hi @Romla.
    Thank you I will look her up and thank you. xx
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296

• PatsyN
    I tried to post the honey last week then took the computer to be fixed. Now I see it's just appeared, delayed response...
  • shann
    Hi @PatsyN
    Can you just get this a woolies or coles.

Shann
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @shann How are you doing ?
  • shann
    Hi all

It has been a while I know. Well I'd like to let you know I have had a little bit of healing.  They took the pump off me on Fri 7 Sept and said we have done all we can now see what your gp can do as we don't know what to do with you.  I have about 5 openings 1 on the the left, 1 in the middle, and the rest on the right (cancer side).  Before this I have asked for a mri or ct etc but they keep saying you don't need it as we got all the cancer (this can be a sign of non healing).  So they have thrown the towel and I am just suppose to do this now by myself as my gp would just say see the nurse as he dosen't do this (don't get me wrong in saying this he is a great dr but an x army man and just straight to the point in and out kind of thing) but I do trust him.  I am now looking for a female gp and a caring one.  A friend has given me the name of breast surgeon in Brisbane but its the cost as she is private and I doubt my mother would pay for a third opinion.
    But apart from that I am out and about with the Support sisters Gold Coast helping in fundraising keeping myself busy is all I can do. xx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @shann I'm glad you have had a bit of healing ! Can't believe there isn't someone that can help you heal !
    Glad you are getting out & about .Hopefully someone here can direct you to a caring GP .

Good luck with the continued search for healing hands 
    Hugs xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    You poor thing - you've sure been thru the mill, @shann.   A friend in NZ who had skin grafts that weren't healing ended up having some sort of 'hot air' machine positioned to blow over his open leg wounds to assist in healing .... a very specific temperature so it wasn't cooked - just kept it dry, as bugs need moisture, as well as oxygen & food to survive.  The honey worked well - as it is a super-saturated sugar solution, & bugs couldn't survive in that either (no oxygen.)  Another old fashioned one was Egg Whites - it was used to coat the entire wound & form a type of skin - so once again, no oxygen could get in.  

I hope you can get some solution to it all, soon.  Take care  xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Wonderful to hear you've made a little progress @Shann. K xox
  • shann
    Hi @arpie

The egg whites where they a powdered type or straight from the egg that you crack at home etc.  I can see what you mean about forming a skin over the top.  Would love to find out more information about this.

Thanks 
    Shann
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited September 2018
    Hi @shann   From memory, it was just plain egg .... I dredged that up from my memory bank of 50 years ago (when I was doing Home Economics Certificate at Tafe.)  I am sure there will be info on it 'somewhere'!

Check with your Medical Team first .... here is some reading on how it can be used ...... I think they are relating to the 'membrane' layer rather than the actual white of the egg .... tho I am sure it was the white that had been mentioned back when I was studying.  Egg yolk and white is also used in treating burns!
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-06-eggshell-membrane-beneficial-wound.html

Same with the honey - even with a 'wet wound' - the honey would melt into the liquid & become a bit of a 'slurry', preventing the bugs from breathing.

My NZ buddy eventually had his wounds heal from ........ FRESH SALT WATER from the ocean!   He was visiting our holiday shack in NZ & would rinse the wounds twice every day and they slowly started closing!  You just have to be VERY careful not to get any sand in them.  He would bring buckets of fresh sea water back to the caravan & soak it there.  It worked for him!  ;) 
  • shann
    Hi @arpie
    Thanks for all the information I will check it out.  The part about checking with my medical team, well as of last Friday I do not have as they said to me we can't do any more for you get your gp to take care of it.
    Shann xx
  • PatsyN
    @shann WOOLLIES!

• shann
    Hi all
    I have an appointment on Mon with the oncologist re tamoxefin tablets.  As it only gives me a 5% window as not being able to have chemo or radiation now.  I really thinking of not taking it all and as I took it between Jan and April and found my wounds open up more (not sure if it was) but I was not taking anything else. I also had thrush really bad and I don't want that for 5 years thats for sure.  My oncologist and his nurse said I have to put up with some side affects.  But geez not thrush for 5 years. He has offered me another type but I have to go to the hospital once a month and have a needle, he also said that tamoxefin was the only one available for pre menaporsal (don't know if I am or ).  Let me know what you think.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Hi @shann,

At least there is some progress so that's great to hear. Stinks that they have just left you in the lurch though.

There have been premenopausal ladies  put straight on the AI's maybe @Kmakm can help with this.  The sea water might be something to keep in mind.  I think I mentioned a while ago the miracle healing I have seen with horses and my own caesarean scar with the sea minerals cream.  You just never know.  Tamoxifen and I are not good friends so i understand the hesitation.  The needle is probably Zoladex which will shut your ovaries down.

xoxoxox