12 months on

MaryR
MaryR Member Posts: 5
edited September 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Hello
im hoping someone out there can identify with my experience so I can shake the feeling of being a bit inadequate.
i was diagnosed 12 months ago, had 2 lots of surgery and 6 weeks of radiation treatment.
i have a stressful job, aging parents and have built a home - all in the last 12 months.
i feel exhausted and unable to focus or concentrate. Have difficulty sleeping and am teary and feeling anxious all the time. Is this something anyone else has experienced?
thank you so much for any advice.

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @MaryR sorry u feel like this. Sounds like u have had a massive amount of stuff on your plate - I’m exhausted just reading about it!  Have you considered going to talk to someone? Seems like you have a lot going on so how u feel makes sense. Xoxoxo
  • MaryR
    Thanks for your reply. I think it’s time for that and a little time away from work. It’s just hard letting go and admitting it.
    thanks again.
    i hope you’re in goodhealth surrounded by loving support.
    take care
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Wow. I am teary stressed and emotional WITHOUT all that extra stuff. I am seeing the ocology psych tomorrow. Ask your nurse what you have available. My hubby doesn't like psychs but he is supporting me on this one as it is so overwhelming at times. Take whatever help you can and never feel inadequate as BC does not play fair. Love Melody
  • MaryR
    Thank you Afraser and Blossom1961 for taking the time to share your thoughts. Afraser, your list of to-dos makes sense. I just need to get past the idea I’ll let others down and look after me for a bit.
    thankbyou both so much
    take care

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Hi Mary, sounds a bit like PTSD to me, which is thought to be similiar in psychology to a BC diagnosis.

I second the ladies above. Time for a chat or two with a counsellor to help get yourself back onto an even keel. I know I have found it very helpful. K xox