• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Love that @adean!
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    @arpie sound travels easily over water
  • j9k
    Sorry @arpie. I lost some of that post. They should have given you clearance. Tight lines.! :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    @j9k  .... hehehe, I thought I'd just whispered it .... and yes, sound really does travel well on the water!    PLUS - I was in REALLY shallow water & they would have run aground if they'd come much closer!!  I tried to 'point them away' towards deeper water, but they just wave back!  LOL

Sadly, most boaties don't give a stuff for non powered craft  when, by law, they are supposed to 1) SLOW DOWN and 2) STAY 50M AWAY  -  but they don't! ... hence, F*** Off is my favourite catch cry out there!  LOL

• arpie
    OMG! And that would have been FREEZING COLD, too!!!  Glad you were rescued ok!!   I haven't done a successful deep water 're-entry' yet ..... tho I WAS sunk in my kayak on one of the northern rivers - luckily a buddy was nearby in his yak & unloaded most of my fishing gear & then a 'nice boatie' came & picked me up & towed the kayak back to shore! 
  • j9k
    @arpie at least f#*k off can't be misconstrued! Much more effective than 'ship ahoy' :D ! #Afraser I had a kayak for a little while but sold it as after Mx getting it on and off the roof racks proved too difficult. I had one day where I nearly misjudged the current on outgoing tide and had a friendly fellow help steer me and pull me out of the current so I could make my way back upstream. I might have ended up in Lake Wakatipu if he hadn't! Anyway, I'm always happy to give someone a Good laugh.  :)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Me, too 
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    I’m praying for that one
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I'm with you @arpie!
  • arpie

• Sister