Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Probably cheap @Sister
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Vangirl No, she just used that as an example.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    Options
    @kmakm understood. 
  • Vangirl
    Options
    Just asked the pharmacist at Peter Mac and he said that theoretically the brand should not make any difference however many patients report that it does. Mystery remains and I will definitely try a different brand when my reprieve is over. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    How did you wangle a reprieve @Vangirl?
  • Vangirl
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My oncologist talked himself into it @kmakm :smiley:

I was supposed to start after radiotherapy,  but on a ''yay I finished chemo!" high, I said 'why wait?' Obviously I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

After an emergency oncologist consult to discuss what to do about the unbearable side effects this week, we agreed to pause for post-chemo recuperation and to get past radiotherapy.

Then I reminded him that after I finish radiotherapy I'm going on holiday and he took pity and said I can't be having Letrozole misery on my hols. Two weeks after I get back I'm having my mastectomy/Diep flap, and you have to come off AIs for surgery. I am booked in to see my oncologist two weeks post surgery and I will have to take another run up.

I also think it helped that he was in a very beneficent mood, as he and his wife are looking forward to the imminent arrival of a new baby :smile:

TLDR: I wasn't meant to start yet, and a confluence of events means I can't realistically restart until mid November. Also, my oncologist is a sweetie.