Letrozole prices

13»

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Probably cheap @Sister
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Vangirl No, she just used that as an example.
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    @kmakm understood. 
  • Vangirl
    Just asked the pharmacist at Peter Mac and he said that theoretically the brand should not make any difference however many patients report that it does. Mystery remains and I will definitely try a different brand when my reprieve is over. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    How did you wangle a reprieve @Vangirl?
  • Vangirl
    edited August 2018
    My oncologist talked himself into it @kmakm :smiley:

I was supposed to start after radiotherapy,  but on a ''yay I finished chemo!" high, I said 'why wait?' Obviously I didn't know what I was getting myself into.

After an emergency oncologist consult to discuss what to do about the unbearable side effects this week, we agreed to pause for post-chemo recuperation and to get past radiotherapy.

Then I reminded him that after I finish radiotherapy I'm going on holiday and he took pity and said I can't be having Letrozole misery on my hols. Two weeks after I get back I'm having my mastectomy/Diep flap, and you have to come off AIs for surgery. I am booked in to see my oncologist two weeks post surgery and I will have to take another run up.

I also think it helped that he was in a very beneficent mood, as he and his wife are looking forward to the imminent arrival of a new baby :smile:

TLDR: I wasn't meant to start yet, and a confluence of events means I can't realistically restart until mid November. Also, my oncologist is a sweetie.