Exercise - ex-med program

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
edited August 2018 in General discussion

I have now completed the Exmed Cancer program - Victorian based program, something I learnt about on this forum

http://www.exmedcancer.org.au/about

Friday I completed the program and we had our graduation lunch after the last session, lots of laughter and good food.  Our group consisted of 8 breast cancer and 2 Hodgkins lymphoma; I was the oldest in the group.  

We all, at times had deep discussions about the unexpected side effects of treatment and a little laugh occasionally as it became apparent that they weren't the only one with that symptom. Time on the treadmill with a buddy flies!  I learnt that it is possible to have two types of breast cancer at once.  That some of the girls don't take to the BCNA forum and keep to themselves and that one in particular hates the fact that people she hardly knows feels compelled to give a hug because she has cancer.

One more appointment, this week, one on one, to discuss the future and the benefits of same.

I was hoping it would help break the fatigue barrier that has been with me or at least have the gap between fatigue bouts widened.  I can say that the bouts between have widened.  Stress is still a factor in everyday life and the Exmed discipline has helped work through that, especially last Friday.

Recommend it to anyone that is considering.  From memory @kmakm is ready for the next term to begin

Comments