Two months after finding the lump

Comments

• Emim
    Emim Member Posts: 27
    @JenniA good luck this afternoon. I’ll be thinking of you.

thanks for your perspective @Afraser. Good to hear you were able to work through. I’ve been holding off getting in touch with my boss while I think it through 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Have fun with it @JenniA! Hopefully it's a once in a lifetime experience; showers are a fabulous sensory experience with no hair. The barber who got rid of my hair gave me a huge gin and tonic. Helped steady the nerves! Let us know how you get on. K xox
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    @JenniA me too whole clumps coming out but still I have more.  I have round 2 of chemo tomorrow so I’m in two minds about whether I cold cap again or just give in to it falling out. 

@Emim I had my lumpectomy in June and one round of chemo TCH since then. I managed every side effect in small amounts which left me feeling very blurgh my dr wrote me out for a month which has now been extended for a further week and if this round goes the same way I will stay away from work until the 4 rounds are done. I’m in awe of anyone who has managed work. I am working from home a bit which helps me stay in touch
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @Emim @kmakm @Sarnicad thanks heaps. Not looking forward to it that’s for sure. Onward & upward though. 
    @Sarnicad I don’t know how you can stand having the cold cap on. You’re heaps braver than me xxx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @sarnicad I think it just depends how it comes out.  If mine had been a general thinning or even just one patch they I could combover, I probably would have continued.
  • Sarnicad
    @Sister I think it is probably just thinning but of course I have no perspective!
  • Doin'it
    Ended up getting clippered because my scalp was too tender to shave. Are you ready for it???? 
  • Doin'it
    edited August 2018
    Eek!!!!! Can’t believe I’ve done it

Photos removed as requested by JenniA
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited August 2018
    Oh @JenniA I was looking forward to seeing it! Maybe when you've got used to it  ;)  Are you doing OK? Big hug, K xox
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    edited August 2018
    @Sarnicad.  It will thin significantly, scare the hell out me. . Most noticeable during the first two treatments I had then it slowed down.   I would say over the 6 months I would have lost about 30% of thickness but no one else could tell.  

xoxoxo
  • Sarnicad
    @JenniA for some reason my hair is a big deal!  Not sure why???

@kezmusc I feel like at the drop rate today I’ll be bald tomorrow - not very logical but who says I have to be
  • Doin'it
    @kmakm I didn’t realise everything went public so when I found out, had the pics deleted. I’m actually feeling ok about my hair.  My hairdresser was more stressed than me!! xx
    @Sarnicad good on for wanting to keep your hair. I just chose the easy way out! Logical has gone out the window for me xx
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Good luck @Emim and @JenniA hope you manage to cope your treatments .

We are here for you all ,every time of day or night !!! xxx
  • Doin'it
    You guys all rock. Beautiful people xx
  • Emim
    Emim Member Posts: 27
    @JenniA it’s great you went for it and you’re feeling ok.

I bought a couple of caps today and I want to get my hair cut a bit shorter before my chemo starts. I think maybe that will help me get used to the idea it’s probably going to fall out. My partner told me (pre cancer) he likes my hair long - so maybe it will help him get used to it too.