Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Absolutely  :)
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Gorgeous 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited April 2019
    @Cathy_b1961 I'd love to see a photo of your dog therapist!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am SO sorry to hear of the loss of your dog to a croc, @kitkatb - that's horrible! :(   My neighbour lost his cat to a bloody fox in the bushland behind our house - suburbia's answer to NT crocs!  

Our neighbours on both sides have dogs, so we are pet owners by proxy!  ;)  We've even got 'Beware of the Dog' sign on our gates, for that reason!  
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Thanks @arpie.    Its a dilemma whether or not to get another one.  Hubby works away a lot of the year so unsure at this stage what to do as we have always had one.  When are you away on your Otis holiday. :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited April 2019
    @kitkatb   My buddy down the south coast lost both her schnausers in the last 2 years, one to snake bite & just last month, the other to bloody cancer.  She wasn't going to get another puppy, but has found a gorgeous one & is about to pick it up in a matter of weeks, once weaned & had it's shots etc.  A dog gives a love & companionship that cats just don't 'get'!  Nothing wrong with cats - but they think you deserve them.  Dogs give you unconditional love & idolatry!    Always good for security too!  Like @Brenda5, I reckon you could need one for your own sake. xx

We head to Thredbo at the end of April for 5 days (it will be bloody cold, as it is already snowing there!!)  I am hoping both my brothers and their partners will join us there.  It should be fun.
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Hi @Shellshocked2018, we have 1 Mini Schnauzer, our other one died in Jan at 14 years which was a huge loss. Next Wednesday we are collecting 2 more, a Mum & one of her pups from the same breeder. It sounds crazy but we are all so looking forward to it. I hope our old girl loves the new additions too!