Night Howls

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I don't know what was on the banner. I'd imagine they would have contacted anyone who's suggestion was taken up. 
    The conference was really good and it was terrific to meet some of my online chums. I didn't go to the field -- twenty four hours in the big smoke is enough for me. I don't 'do' waiting or queuing and the idea of being squashed up against thousands of other people gives me the heeby jeebies. I gave my tickets away and charged home yesterday morning muttering 'get me out of here' until I got to about Wallan. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Hopefully you don't regret that!  As to the Field of women - it was fantastic and at no stage did we feel squashed up - lots of professional photographers doing the rounds, lots of laughter and tears and the acrobatic pink lady was superb to watch
    We could sit wherever we wanted for the game and there were plenty of food options about.  Free apples, free pies and decorate your own pink bun at Bakers Delight, just to name some that we participated in
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I can assure you I do not and will not regret it. I hate crowds and will go to great lengths to avoid them. I loathe noise and can't tolerate music so no, I can't imagine I will regret not being part of an event where all three were a feature. Each to their own, I'm sure everyone there had a splendid time. Shudder.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited August 2018
    You all look amazing !  I can’t believe I forgot and missed the start. Lol
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    @kmakm @Annie C the emotions are so deep. Truly makes me want to cry #fuckcancer
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    @Zoffiel
    Considering, you did well to attend the Plan B Conference
    Take care and I hope the tranquility of your home environment brings peace as let's face it most large cities are cold in more ways than one

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Zoffiel Well done, you independent woman! Wishing you all the best in your own space. Fran xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @JenniA Word sista
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    4.30am seems to be this weeks wake up time which is slightly better than 3.30am last week. Gave up trying to sleep and got up and went for a run. Hopefully the early start, exercise and being on my feet at work for 11 hours will mean a good sleep tonight but I won’t hike my breath. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I seem to be stuck on 4am these days although I thought I was going to manage to get back to sleep this morning until the cat decided it was time for someone to get up and talk to him.  Is it light enough to run at 4:30am in Sydney?  I'd break my neck if I tried to walk around here at that time but I guess we don't have the street lights.
  • Kiwi Angel
    @Sister I contemplated going back to sleep but like your experience, the cat realised I was awake so she wanted breakfast and I thought maybe the morning exercise might help my mood and ability to sleep. Pitch black here still at 6am. It’s part of my usual running circuit so I know it well and there are reasonable streetlights and lots of traffic around even at that time.  Are u in a more rural area??
  • Kiwi Angel
    @JJ70 u r my hair inspiration- will try and get something like that done when I go for my first post chemo haircut!!
  • kmakm
    @Kiwi Angel I'm really happy with how my hairdresser is shaping my pixie cut now. And that she charges me the men's price!!
  • kmakm
    Turns out what I need to sleep well, ie only waking twice, is to wear a pink poncho and stand on the MCG with 10,000 people affected by breast cancer... Who knew?!