Night Howls

Options

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You a senior @tigerbeth? Never!!

I did have a quiet day today thank you. And there are enough leftovers from yesterday that I don't have to cook dinner tonight. #winning!
  • kmakm
    Options
    I am SO excited @Annie C! What day are we doing lunch? PM me so we can put it in the diary. K xox
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Well @kmakm the card that arrived the other day tells me I'm a senior !! Whoa where did those years go ??
    I did read that you slept last night so #winning there too ! 

Have another good day tomorrow  :)

• Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    @Annie C I’m totally in awe of your craftwork! I’m with you @JJ70 - I can cook you anything you like but couldn’t sew to save my life! I even find buttons challenging! I took my final home ec sewing project to a dressmaker to finish LOL. 
    Every fancy dress costume for my kids was stapled or double sided taped. 
    Then I ended up with a ballet dancing daughter. No one warned me that you had to sew the ribbons and elastic on pointe shoes yourself! 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Eastmum
    In a previous life, prior to retirement and before my BC diagnosis I offered my sewing and dressmaking skills to the community doing alterations and clothing repairs. At times I was swamped with work. Paid for many a holiday with the earnings.

Many times I had clothing come in that was stapled, safety pinned, sticky taped and one doctor favoured surgical tape. The best was a pair of jeans with the zip held in place with a piece of fencing wire! The owner was a ringer employed on a cattle station.

• kmakm
    Options
    The next sleep experiment starts tonight. Going to take my first melatonin pill shortly. Here's hoping it's effective. Been hot flushing a lot today.

So fingers crossed @tigerbeth. K xox
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    @Annie C -I love it! Double sided sticky Velcro is my best friend! Xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Eastmum love your ringer's jeans story!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @Eastmum
    I hate velcro. I think it is the sound and feel of it. When my sons were small velcro was flavour of the year on shoes. Set my teeth on edge when the boys ripped and ripped. Funny thing though, the most comfortable pair of shoes that I wear around the house and going out when I am required to be a lady and get dressed up, is a pair of King Gee ladies shoes with......... velcro!
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Different pill for me tonight for the first time @kmakm
    Femara !! :#

• kmakm
    Options
    Oh @tigerbeth! Good luck. Let's have a coffee soon & compare notes  :*
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    <3 velcro always reminds me of my only pair of roller-skates. They were rainbow with yellow toe protectors, so I had a yellow helmet, knee and elbow braces too. I don't really miss the 90s but I do wish I could just be 7 again some days.
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    So here I am my favourite time of day wide awake and obsessing about everything 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Awake, too!  @Annie C My Mum could sew anything - draw her a picture of a dress and she could make it (although not advisable to do that with only a couple of hours to spare as the scar in the table from the scissors could attest...I was on the other side of the table, luckily).  As a result, I DO NOT SEW.  Actually, I can manage the basics and have made many a costume for the kids (sheep, kangaroo, penguin, etc), but as a rule, I choose not to.  Sadly, I know exactly how bad my sewing is.  
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I'm making dog pajamas,