Night Howls

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @kmakm You must be exhausted after your night of adventure and the big day today, Kate. I hope you get some sleep tonight. F xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Flaneuse I am absolutely knackered! Just waiting for Masterchef to finish then I'm off to bed. Because my overnight admission was unexpected I missed taking my thyroid medication last night. I'll definitely feel more like myself tomorrow. And thankfully I've got nothing on. If my hand can handle the steering wheel I'll go check out the t-shirt situation! K xox
  • kmakm
    @Romla I genuinely don't know how the glove started to burn. I must have knocked it near the gas flame. My last memory of it was about a foot away. And I wasn't on the giggle juice yesterday! 

And to top it all off halfway through the lunch (everyone loved your soup, truly!) I got up to fetch something from the kitchen, trod on the dog and then fell over him, rolling my ankle, ending up flat on the floor. No real damage done but clearly I have completely lost control of my body! Is this a menopause thing? Has BC and its treatment addled my brains?! Has my surgery unbalanced my body so much that I can't stay upright and functioning?! Clearly I am a danger to myself...! My family had lots of laughs at my expense today... deary me!
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    @Annie C Can't wait to see the badge! And I'm totes up for howling in a corner! And snap on the Size 10 feet! So many exclamation marks, so little time!  ;)<3:*
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Oh dear @kmakm you have had a terrible day - not sure if it’s M but I certainly had some big lapses way back when but could also be just being flat out running a family coupled with a big celebration.

Glad they liked the soup been talking about it to @arpie for ages but had donated the cookbook.She was pretty good Margaret Kirkwood very big on seasonal produce way back 80s and a lot less fussy than Margaret Fulton.Will have a detailed look in the dilapidated copy I found for some more gems.

Sorry forgot you might have gas - in the Hills it’s electric or bottled gas which is expensive - we are all electric makes wok work tricky I can tell you.

I still think your insomnia  is major part of your ongoing issues including the above.Just wish I could help - my go tos are Sleepytime tea , avoid screens for half hour before bed and I swear the daily walk helps as is MyTime- no kidwrangling just great music .

Guess you family like slapstick humour - mine are forever meme - ing which I find hard at times - am a different generation.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you and your hand heals quickly and well.Stiil could be a great excuse to avoid some household chores and share them with others. (Hint)

• kmakm
    @Romla The 18yo and 15yo are meme-ing constantly. It's in equal parts annoying and sweet, remembering the nonsense and in jokes my sisters and I had when we were teens.

Yes, the sleep is a big issue. I'm working on it. K xox
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    edited July 2018
    Hello @kmakm glad to hear your are back home, your hand must be very sore!
    Hoping that the family lunch went well today and that you are resting and looking after you.

With regards to the t shirts (great idea!),  Im pretty sure that the use of the logo would need to be run past our communications team.  When you are ready let me know and I will speak to our communications manager.

• kmakm
    Thank you @Giovanna_BCNA. At this stage we'd just like to use the forum website address. Would you be able to ask the comms director if that's OK? Many thanks! K xox
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hi @kmakm no problems will speak with comms team re website address.
    Hope your hand is feeling better.
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Just piping in here at 4.05am to say thanks for creating this howling space! Over 2k views! Quite extraordinary! 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Binge watching Killing Eve. OMG, I think I have a girl crush on Sandra Oh...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    It's great, isn't it, @zoffiel - was one of my go-to shows towards the end of chemo.  And I love Sandra Oh, too!  How's the foot going, by the way?

@kmakm - You may need to be wrapped in bubble wrap for awhile.  Hope the hand heals quickly.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    The foot has recovered sufficiently that I'm just about to wedge it into a runner and take it up the bike track. If I can find my headlamp (I've been a bit slack the last month or so and been leaving the morning constitutional until after sunrise)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Good on you @zoffiel!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    OMG...I take a break from forum for the weekend and Lordy......5 pages of posts! @kmakm has burnt her hand and twisted her ankle, ending up in hospital (not to mention the trip over the dog). @Flaneuse has poked herself in the eye with her neuropathic fingers and also has an infected finger. @Zoffiel has a foot issue (trying to find the start of that and what happened there @Zoffiel?) 
    I'm exhausted just reading about it all!
    Yes and awake and howling at 2am tonight......gonna be a long day.