Night Howlers have their own space

Marianne_BCNA
Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
edited December 2023 in Night Howls
Hi Night Howls,
You now have your own space under day to day. 
You can start as many middle of the night discussions as you want under this
Here's the link
https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/categories/night-howls

Tagged:

Comments

• Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    PS You can include a description for the category up the top like there is for Creative Corner. Any ideas?
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    "Can't sleep? Staring at the ceiling? Troubles on your mind? Come here for company and comfort in the midnight hours. There's always someone up!"
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    I like “There’s always someone up” well done @kmakm
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,532
    That's good for those that need it!  I am a regular sleeper, even when diagnosed I didn't miss a beat

Good luck with it and hopefully for those that are up and about that there's comfort of a natter 
  • Jane_Elizabeth
    Jane_Elizabeth Member Posts: 158
    Well that worked out well for everyone I think. Well done all!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    @iserbrown Deeply envious!

Yes, that's the idea. We have a laugh but the reality of the night horrors following a cancer diagnosis is dreadful. If it comforts just one person one night to have another out there with whom to chat, then it's a jolly good thing.

Thanks @Romla.

Night Howls - A place to talk when you can't sleep. There's always someone up!

How's that @Sister, @Marianne_BCNA?
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499

kmakm said: ...the reality of the night horrors following a cancer diagnosis is dreadful. If it comforts just one person one night to have another out there with whom to chat, then it's a jolly good thing.

TRUTH. I for one know this feeling and loneliness well from my chemo days, literally just waiting there hoping someone would post something - anything, inane or silly or terrifying, anything to interact with just so I could feel tethered to the world.
  • CarmelS
    CarmelS Member Posts: 268
    I love that pic. One of my brothers (I am one of 8)  spent regular play time tied by a large & long rope to the clothes line in the house yard. This was after losing him several times as he was prone to wander off with a dog or tuck himself in for a sleep in an old shed .......I believe this was all before the age of four........
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I just realised that I never responded to this.  Thank you admin for listening ( @Marianne_BCNA @Giovanna_BCNA @Riki_BCNA ) - I know that it's out of the usual guidelines but I think it was needed and that's how things grow.  Great to find a solution to keep everything working.
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    edited July 2018
    The witching hours is what I call them @Marianne_BCNA (and they start at sundown.)
This discussion has been closed.