Night Howls

Comments

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    @tigerbeth I wasn't one of those kids with a torch under blankets, but I have become one as an adult.....well not under blankets so much but my little book light that attaches to the pages....great for camping too!  So glad we don't have possums in Perth. Had such a funny incident with possums once on Kangaroo Island.....but that's another story.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Ears on but ready to greet the kids, now! 

I do like the idea of T-shirts @kmakm - fundraising idea????  I can picture black with a line drawn howling dingo (?) (hot pink, if necessary...sparkly?) and Night Howler across it...BCNA with ribbon, like a trademark.  Maybe something sensible on the back such as "1 in 8 women and some men, too"....
  • Sister
    Oooh!  I just realised I was being a bit creative in Creative Corner!
  • Sister
    And no chemo today!!!!!  I'm getting slightly hysterical, now. :D
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @tigerbeth I was definitely a torch under the covers kid. 

Wide awake at 3.11am again and then just tossed and turned. Gonna try a sleeping tablet tonight and see what that does. Sick of not sleeping. Want to get up at 5 to go for a walk and get back into exercise but when i am waking up what early and then can’t get back to sleep I’m valuing sleep over exercise. I’m so glad I have a physical job. 

@Zoffiel r u gonna do get the foot checked out?

@Sister yah to no chemo xoxo
  • JJ70
    @Annie C (so hard to type with a 28kg labrador trying to sit on your lap) we drove with our camper trailer through The Kimberley last year and down through the NT, Great Central rd home..what a trip. The Kimberley left me with gooseys. Love, love, love it. I want to live in Kununurra....love it more than Broome. Such a gorgeous spot.  Roses may not do well, but how about the frangipanis!! (my favourite flower)
  • JJ70
    NEED I SAY MORE?
  • JJ70
    @Sister.......yes, yes. love the t-shirt design idea.....dingoes, howling, BCNA, pink ribbon symbol., black.....you lost me at pink and sparkly though! :D
  • JJ70
    WOOP WOOP.....no chemo for @Sister! Happy dance...
  • Sister
    Okay - think I had a vision of Pink's recent tour shirt with the sparkly. The line drawing in hot pink I thought might satisfy the "pinkness" of the official BC camp but without the soft pastellyness.  Another possibility for the back might be along the lines of "Breast Cancer - it messes with your head".

I don"t know much about T-shirts for fundraisers but does anyone else think it's got legs or am I dreaming? ( Thinking of survivorship services).
  • JJ70
    @Sister I think it has powerful, muscly legs (and probably hairless ones at that!)
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Tis but a flesh wound. I can move my toes and there are no grinding noises. The joys of country living.are no
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited July 2018
    How about a black t-shirt, longish so you could sleep in it if you wanted, a dingo (we're Aussies) howling at a full moon that has the pink ribbon on it. Or that ribbon that @traveltext designed. And on the back something like

The Night Howls/Night Howlers

Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night. Feel yourself on the first.

Or

I in 8 women and some men too. Suspicious lump? Get it checked. Don't let breast cancer keep you up at night.

And then the pink lady BCNA online network banner that's on the top of this page with the www address.

Creative juices flowing now!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @sister it could work. T shirts and bumper stickers. I know for sure there are some cracking artists on the site,. Though given recent experience it could turn into a...... Well, given recent experience it's probably a good idea to just quietly do it and present the done deal rather than ask for advice for comment.
  • JJ70
    @Zoffiel - ouchy wa wa! How'd ya do that? I cringe....if I did that to my neuropathic feet atm...they'd probably have to amputate!

Loving the t-shirt ideas everyone!