Night Howls

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    That's a fair call... sometimes! The summer past was glorious. I know, I looked at it from my couch and bed... #cancersucks
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yep and wasn't allowed in the water.
  • kmakm
    Boo summer cancer. Boo all seasons cancer. Grrr.
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    The body is so clever. Just woke up at 0324. Why? Ran a check. No strange noise outside, no child calling out, no dog whining, bladder not full, not hot. A minute later, wham, massive hot flush. My subconscious brain knew my conscious brain. So clever, so annoying...
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I just dropped a chunk of firewood on my foot. Sitting with the insulted appendage in a bucket of ice water debating a trip to ED. Restful. Very restful :/
  • Sister
    @zoffiel Ouch.  Hope the foot has recovered with the emergency department.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Sorry in advance folks, this is going to be a massive whinge...you have been warned. Since being diagnosed with this cerebral aneurysm, my shocking sleep ,irregularities, shall we say, have been even worse. Before, I would at least fall asleep without too much of a problem, and then waken after about two hours (on a really good night), and then that would be that. Tossing and turning, mind going at a thousand miles an hour, then eventual capitulation, and on would go the light, and out would come my knitting. Well now I am subconsciously afraid to fall asleep.I'm freaked out at the thought of this sucker blowing whilst I'm in the Land of Nod and I don't even know I've died. When the time does come for The Grim Reaper to come knocking, I want to see him coming, give the mid finger salute, shout, mumble or whisper, whichever is the case, a few choice obscenities, and then drop off my perch!!! I don't want to fall asleep, and then wake up dead. An oxymoronic statement, I know, but I trust you fellow Night Howlers will get my drift. Being a public patient, I'm on a waiting list to have this bastard clipped or clamped. Within the next four weeks they say. Well whoop de doo. I'm saying bring it on, but the operation has big risks. Death, stroke, brain swelling which would involve them removing the piece of skull they would have removed and then replaced during the procedure, and then leaving the skull open to allow the brain to swell, and then after it has (hopefully) gone down, replace the bone and sew my noggin back up. The Big Chop of both titties seems like a mere entre, a tidbit really!!! Seriously, If the Cosmic Clowns insist on adding more and more ladles of shit onto my already full plate, could they please at least let me chew and swallow what's there first, and then pile it on again???
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @AllyJay no wonder u don’t sleep. I was getting on here to whinge about not sleeping and my hot flushes but now I feel I should stop whinging when I have nothing to complain about compared to u.  I can’t believ how scary this all must be for u - big hugs xoxox

@Zoffiel how did your foot end up??
  • Sister
    @AllyJay Whinge away! F@#k! Not being able to sleep is bad. Not wanting to sleep is worse.  4 weeks waiting is just not fair.
  • kmakm
    @AllyJay That is a completeIy and totally understandable complaint. The absolute mother of all sleep problems. You poor darling. Wish I could make it better. K xox
  • kmakm
    How's the foot @Zoffiel? Did you make a dash to the ED?
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Thanks for the moral support fellow Howlers....hope you don't think I'm entering into a pissing competition in the ailments department, but sheesh!!! @Kiwi Angel , those hot flushes or night sweats are a nightmare...I remember them well. Hopefully they will soon be in the past for you too. @Zoffiel , how rude of me to not ask...how is the foot now? Hopefully no major damage done, and a good, large glass of something delish, elevation, and perhaps a cookie or two will help.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    @AllyJay it sounds like you should be doing something naughtier than knitting since you are going to be awke anyway. Surely there is some list of passive wickedness, or intentional irritations you could work through in the next couple of weeks. Just in case you do wake up dead, leave some little surprises behind. Be a bit norty. If you have to wait that long it is someone's fault, perhaps some pointy, witty letters to big wigs and media?
    The surgery sounds fucking horrible; you are right, Tit Lopping pales in comparison.

I worry sometimes when I wake in fright that I'm having a stroke/heart attack and I'm going to either die or vegetate myself and will lay here for days. I don't mind that so much--the undiscovered bit--but what about the Hound?  If she is found feasting on my corpse (and I bet she would, not that I'd care by that stage)  it will be bloody hard to rehome her...fret, fret. So I get up and open the back door. Which makes no sense since clearly, by then, I'm not at imminent risk of blowing a gasket and even if I did  she'd probably eat me anyway because she's too dumb to get her biscuit bucket off the bench and we're pretty much out of rabbits.. Do I put the biscuit tin on the floor where she might be able to open it?. All ridiculous, but this shit takes up hours of time that should be spent punching out zzzz's

I'm still debating getting the foot xrayed but I think I've just broken a toe so there is no point in going through the fuss. I will keep icing it and take a pill. It is supposed to be rose pruning day today. There's about twenty to do so this is inconvenient. Typical.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    OMG .... @allyjay .... i am really feeling for you ... i hope they bring that surgery forward for SO many reasons.  
    I hope you can find some peace and sleep in the meantime xxx

@zoffiel .... i hope nothing is broken in the foot  :(  

LOL  I had to laugh about leaving norty bits in case we wake up dead .... brilliant idea.  I can now see some of us going in to Adult Shops snd buying up dildos snd erotic videos .... just to shock those 'left behind'!   Talk sbout laughing out loud!!  I just did.  

Yes, leaving this mortal portal .... it crosses all our minds sooner or later. ...  that's why I refuse to have all my bills paid automatically!  You could be sitting on the couch for YEARS in blissful ignorance and no one would know ... cos all your bills are paid right on time!! So ... i pay some of mine manually ... so they come looking sooner than later!!  ;)