Has anyone had a recurrence whilst on Arimidex or other HT?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2018 in General discussion
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Is there something in particular that you're concerned about @joannie or general anxiety?
  • [Deleted User]
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm sure that others would give you more possibilities, but I would suggest peace of mind and getting it checked out.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @Joannie. Is this your first surgeon review for a while? I find I become hyper aware of every little ache , pain, lump & bump in the weeks leading up to reviews, particularly with my surgeon.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    @Joannie I had a mastectomy and full node clearance. None of them were clear up to the back of my neck.

I can feel lumps everywhere, in my armpit, on the surface of where my breast used to be, but my oncologist said not to worry.

'It can't possibly be cancer cause you've got no breast tissue or nodes left.'
    I have wondered about this.

I don't go back for more testing for 2 years. That's the earliest that I can receive more chemo or radiation.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    I’m not sure but I remember been told it is normal to have pain on the scar tissue...I’ve noticed pain in that area and also up towards my arm pit and assume that is because nodes were involved? It’s been 15mths since surgery. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    Hello @Joannie I’ve gone back to work full time and it’s exhausting...I definitely don’t have the energy I had pre BC.