Night Howls

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @kmakm I’ll have a read xo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2018
    @sister .... i hope you have a better day today and they keep getting better from here on.  Great that you can feel that mood shift. Keep sucking that water down to flush the system out.

I can empathize with the soldier ... i just cant seem to plan my housekeeping duties .... no worries with planning ukulele and kayak fishing. ... just the housekeeping.  LOL  

@kiwi angel ... hot flushes SO SUCK!!  Hopefully they will settle down soon ... i had 10 years of them going thru menopause ... i had 2 in a row one night last week ... luckily none since. Back then, I could have sworn i went beetroot red as well .... but apparently not.

Nearly ended up on this thread late last night ..... hubby said he'd put my leccy blanket on to warm the bed ... but hadn't  ...  or his own side .... or our visitor's!!  It was like getting into a refrigerator.  I put some leggings on and a long sleeve top!!  Take care ladies .... remember to be kind to yourself ... cut yourselves some slack and DELEGATE THE DUTIES! !  My UK buddy helped put the pizzas together last night .... she is 75 (going on 50) and its the first time she'd seen one made or helped make one.  We're going fishing today!   :)  internet still down ... fat fingers hit wrong buttons on phone = double dutch ... i reckon I've had to correct most words on this post. ... so much for auto spell!!  :(  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Definitely familiar overtones Sister. What an extraordinary thing, having a one day horizon. So crippling for his life. I hope living with his family gave him some comfort.

I never thought this would happen to me. I've always been a long term saver and planner. A six month horizon is all I can manage now. Beyond that is a kind of blank. If I try to think further I get anxious. I'm quite taken by surprise by this.

I'm so glad your mood has lifted a tad! I hope you do something nice for yourself on Thursday. K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @kmakm & @Sister
    I really suffered this PTSD stuff when I had completed my treatments.... I couldn't read a book I couldn't watch a series on Netflix... I couldn't plan my day never mind the future days.... I am nearly 6 yrs out and I am a lot better at doing those things but I am still not where I was prior to diagnosis .... 

• kmakm
    It's interesting isn't it @SoldierCrab? I find myself reliving various moments of my BC over and over again, particularly at night when there's less to distract me. I call it my cancer highlights reel. I really try to change the direction of my thoughts but of course they're lightning fast and so often hard to catch. I'll keep trying.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    yep they can be @kmakm
    I find when I do that my white noise or mediation tracks can help most times. 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I had a meditation session yesterday at the exercise class. The psych was trying a new type, "loving something or other" that is supposed to be beneficial.  We had to visualise someone current or past whose care and focus was on us.  Of course, my Mum was who came into my mind and I spent the whole session frantically trying  to see her face and failing miserably.  Not such a beneficial session, I think.
  • kmakm
    edited July 2018
    @SoldirCrab I'm finding putting on my rain sounds and concentrating on that to be helpful.

Sister we had Tai Chi after our exercise programme today. I loved it! Always wanted to try it. Might see if I can find a local class. Utterly exhausted now!

Something I find useful when remembering those who are no longer with us is recalling what a hug felt like, or the touch of their hands. Somehow that seems to stick better in the memory. It's a sense memory rather than just a visual one. Big hug, K xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I felt quite sorry for the kids as they each tried to find something to take for lunch today. They've been thrown into the deep end this year as prior to this I always did their lunch bags. So, as a result, there's potato and leek soup simmering away in the slow cooker and hopefully enough meatballs for tonight's tea for leftovers.  Problem is, now I feel to stuffed to finish the meals!
  • Kiwi Angel

@sister its all so draining isn't it!! You have just finished your chemo haven't you?  It took me approximately 1 1/2 months to get my energy back and now just about 2 months down the track I feel like I might be able to go for a run again.

Today has been a complete sh*t of a day at work, as was yesterday, and while I would like to think that the exhaustion would mean a good nights sleep I know the hot flushes and crazy dreams will take care of that one!!

• kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Two crazy days here as well @Kiwi Angel,

Some days my job is so depressing.  Most days I'm fine but some days being in a place where every second person is having surgery for some type of cancer just makes me sad. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot of time to think! 
     My mother swears by the natures own sleep ezy tablets.  I'm not sure what's in them though. I am about to have a look, just picked some up on the way home.  

• kmakm
    Well I win because I live in Melbourne AND MY HEATING IS BROKEN  :#  :s:#:/:s:#:'(:'(:(
  • Kiwi Angel
    @kmakm oh dear - a hot flush might be a blessing at the moment. 

@kezmusc u will have to let me know how the tablets go. That would be depressing and bring everything back for u all the time.