Node bracelet - dont use this arm

Trikki2
Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
edited July 2018 in General discussion
Hey guys
Is there a bracelet you can buy that tells emergency services not to use the arm where the nodes have been removed? They put a hospital one on me but if i was out of it they may have used that side.

Comments

• Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    I bought a gorgeous medi alert on on Ebay for $55 and got it engraved. It even has a mood charm on it.
  • Trikki2
    Ooooh sounds lovely..i will have a look there xxx thanks 
    Trikki2 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
  • Trikki2
    Thanks hun  xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Scared Mum
    Scared Mum Member Posts: 169
    I wanted to get a bracelet for Nat too...  But was unsure what to engrave on it so the ambos would know, I was walking through emergency and there was a group of ambos finishing up so I asked them what should I write on so they would know and they very honestly told me if she was in an accident or emergency situation they wouldn't care what it said they would save her life first.. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    My limphless arm will actually give a different bp and heart rate reading to the other arm. Due to lymphodema I usually have a compression sleeve on but not so much in winter. I do have the pink plastic medi alert bands but forget to wear it. 
  • Trikki2
    Thanks guys for your replies...will go online shopping xxx 
    Trikki2 
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    @Tennille , what did you get engraved on it?
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    I was told the same - they save your life and worry about these - (quote) ''little consequences'' (unquote) later.
    If you are totally with it they will try to avoid it BUT if several medicos are working on you they will use whichever arm (or foot) they can use for any purpose, depending on which they can reach.
    Often people were the silicone bracelets as a sign of supporting an organization and the medicos often do not have time to stop and read them.
    All in the luck on the day.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    While agreeing that not using an at risk or affected limb is sensible, chances of infection if it is used accidentally for an injection or intravenous needle may not be all that high. But it's much harder to do accidentally with a compression sleeve! 
  • Vangirl
    Vangirl Member Posts: 350
    edited July 2018
    @Summerhill38 I think I'd still rather they knew than didn't, although can completely understand why they simply do what they need to do in an emergency.
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    @Vangirl I got MBC No BP, IVC, IM in right arm engraved on mine