Supraclavicle lymph node?

Prime time
Prime time Member Posts: 19
edited June 2018 in Newly diagnosed
hi all

following my oncologist appointment yesterday I asked her I feel my lymph node on my clavicle and she had me get it biopsied today

anyone else had BC in this node? I already know I have at least one axilla node cancerous but she said when doing the biopsy today it was only very slightly enlarged by like 0.3mm and could be reactive due to recent chest infection which was treated with 10 days of antibiotics...but obviously I’m concerned 

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there @Prime time it is true lymph nodes can become enlarged when we are crook. Fingers crossed it’s from your recent illness. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon.  Thinking of you. Let us know how it goes. Big hug. Margie x 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    .  I had those nodes done as well when I had radiation "just in case" Sounds like it could be from being sick.  Of course you're concerned.  Who wouldn't be.  We get concerned about every, lump, bump and ache from here on in!

All the best.

xoxoxo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hi there @Prime time just wondering if you have your pathology result yet?
  • Prime time
    Hi @primek thanks for checking up!
    no results yet maybe this coming week, I start neoadjuvant chemo on Thursday
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Even scary but often a relief to just start chemo. Hopefully all will be well with path. 
  • Prime time
    Well supraclavicle node came back with some positive cells so plan will be to remove this node when I have surgery and they can target it with radiotherapy 
    having a meltdown today really just feel like I am facing a losing battle already
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Ah what an absolute bugger @Prime time. Well done though for being so observant. I can totally understand your meltdown. What did the doc say? Did they seem concerned or surprised? I sincerely hope it's not a significant discovery in the overall scheme of things for you. Take some deep breaths and hang in there. Big bear hug, Kate xox
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    @Prime time None of my nodes were clear above or below my collarbone. Radiation took care of that!